Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

fenderbass146

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Mar 11, 2009
Northwest Indiana
Recently I got a Macbook Pro Retina base model with the 128 GB ssd. I had an 2013 Air with the PCI-e 256 SSD. I swapped the ssd's so I could have the 256 in my Pro and was going to sell the Air with the 128 GB.

Long story short I completely destroyed my bottom panel of my air trying to get apples ****ing pentalobe screws out. (yes I had a pentalobe screw driver and it still stripped.) Basically it looks like **** because I had to dremel the screws out. I want to get a new panel for my air so the resale value is better on it. I found one from a 2012 model for like $20 bucks on ebay. It has the same model number on the bottom (A1466). Will this bottom cover fit my mid 2013 air fine?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Lower-Botto...Laptop_Housings_Touchpads&hash=item485de7d08a

NVM. I found another that is specifically for my model for cheaper. Thanks if you took the time to read it.

Last edited:

capathy21

macrumors 65816
Jun 16, 2014
Houston, Texas
Recently I got a Macbook Pro Retina base model with the 128 GB ssd. I had an 2013 Air with the PCI-e 256 SSD. I swapped the ssd's so I could have the 256 in my Pro and was going to sell the Air with the 128 GB.

Long story short I completely destroyed my bottom panel of my air trying to get apples ****ing pentalobe screws out. (yes I had a pentalobe screw driver and it still stripped.) Basically it looks like **** because I had to dremel the screws out. I want to get a new panel for my air so the resale value is better on it. I found one from a 2012 model for like $20 bucks on ebay. It has the same model number on the bottom (A1466). Will this bottom cover fit my mid 2013 air fine?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Lower-Botto...Laptop_Housings_Touchpads&hash=item485de7d08a

NVM. I found another that is specifically for my model for cheaper. Thanks if you took the time to read it.

How are you liking that retina pro?

fenderbass146

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Mar 11, 2009
Northwest Indiana
How are you liking that retina pro?

I absolutely love it. The screen is amazing with no noticeable battery difference and the Performance is noticeably better for things like Handbrake and the Iris graphics is a nice little boost up from the HD 5000. I am playing COD Black ops 2 at 40+ fps on high. Now I got mine for a steal of only $750. I don't think it would be worth paying for an all out new one if you already had a 2013 Macbook Air but I love the Retina display.

capathy21

macrumors 65816
Jun 16, 2014
Houston, Texas
I absolutely love it. The screen is amazing with no noticeable battery difference and the Performance is noticeably better for things like Handbrake and the Iris graphics is a nice little boost up from the HD 5000. I am playing COD Black ops 2 at 40+ fps on high. Now I got mine for a steal of only $750. I don't think it would be worth paying for an all out new one if you already had a 2013 Macbook Air but I love the Retina display.

I also found it to handle games wonderfully. Sure does put out some heat while gaming though!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.