Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

OverSpun

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Sep 12, 2006
California
I was originally looking for a good armband for my phone which was more than a year back (obviously, long before the iPhone 5) but I was predicting that the iPhone would eventually be too big for some armbands.

Of course, the iPhone 5 would no longer fit in Armpocket's Sport i-20 which is the right size for my needs. Armpocket has an "extreme" version and "aero" but the extreme seemed too big for my needs and the aero didn't seem it wouldn't hold enough for me which is why I went for the Sport.

Luckily, Armpocket quickly redesigned their sport version to "i-25" for the iPhone 5. Obviously- I waited about a year for the proper armband until now-

I went for the Medium size in my case which fits from 10-16" since I plan on using it on my forearm so I can see the screen for the GPS or on my upperarm whenever I feel like it.
_J6A0350_zps0bc155ab.jpg

Obviously, next to my iPhone 5 (with a slim case on it)
_J6A0352_zps83aed8c6.jpg

With the phone inside it as well the headphone cord and how it works (there is are 2 small vents on the bottom of the armpocket for the headphone cord as well for ventilation/moisture.
_J6A0354_zps4af8126a.jpg

Here is the left side of the armpocket and there is a small vecro which holds the 2 zippers as well the headphone cord so nothing flops around.
_J6A0356_zpsf4aad760.jpg

Here is the back of the armpocket (I apologize that the picture came out a bit darker than I thought after I uploaded it). I suppose I should mention this which is noted on the packaging about the armpocket which I didn't see on their website...

...."Back mesh fabric and strap edges are made of sustainable, bamboo rayon, which is soft, moisture-wicking and naturally resistant to bacteria and mildew..."

IMHO, It looks pretty good since they've built it a bit similar like my camelbak which handled sweat pretty well.
_J6A0359_zps05482c34.jpg

Here's the inside-
_J6A0360_zps4046b5bb.jpg

(Obviously, the little elastic pockets for credit card/ID's, etc. I honestly think you could fit at least 5-10 credit cards and IDs if you need that much since they are elastic.
_J6A0363_zpsebf76983.jpg

Lastly- Here is my phone and how it sits inside the armpocket. It is held with an elastic band which is pretty far from your arm- it sits exactly how the ID Card/Cards work on the opposite side of the bag. There is a LOT more space than I expected and I feel like you could fit a three iPhone 5's inside it including my own if someone didn't have any pockets or didn't want to lose their phone or so; and it would fit easily, IMHO.
_J6A0364_zpsb98594ca.jpg

To be honest- I haven't gone out hiking or running yet since I just received my armpocket and I'm planning on using it in the morning to see how it handles sweat and everything and it looks great at this point. I'll definitely update my post tomorrow. (I wanted to take pictures before I make it dirty ;)

Here's the original thread where I was looking for an arm band (not my own thread, but where I was looking- https://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?p=16631286&posted=1#post16631286)

Armpocket should update their website since it is a bit difficult to find the i-25 version for the iPhone 5 since you have to click through some pulldowns until you find it, but this is the link with some extra info- http://www.armpocket.com/products/i-25-for-iPhone5.html

Last edited:

Fatboy71

macrumors 65816
Dec 21, 2010
UK
Thanks for the review.

I'm looking for a decent arm band for my iPhone 5 but most of the lycra and neoprene type tend to let the sweat soak through to the inner where the iPhone is, which is no good.

I'd be really interested to hear how yours fairs with regards to sweat soaking through and also the comfort as well. Look forward to your update to the review :)

In the UK, I can't find anywhere that stocks them sadly :mad:

OverSpun

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Sep 12, 2006
California
Thanks for the review.

I'm looking for a decent arm band for my iPhone 5 but most of the lycra and neoprene type tend to let the sweat soak through to the inner where the iPhone is, which is no good.

I'd be really interested to hear how yours fairs with regards to sweat soaking through and also the comfort as well. Look forward to your update to the review :)

In the UK, I can't find anywhere that stocks them sadly :mad:

Thanks for the review!

Keep us updated after you've used it.

Thanks for your post! Looking forward to seeing your post-workout updated review too!

Hey everyone-

I was sick for a bit and I didn't feel like going out until I felt better. I finally had a chance to go on a short hike since we had some decent weather.

I switched to band between my forearm and my upper arm so I could get a feel but it was very comfortable in both ways. It's obviously convenient if you want to be able to read it if its necessary. No doubt- its less distracting on my upperarm.

I loaded up the case more than I usually carried in my pockets (obviously, keys), tissues and eyedrops but I had plenty enough space left but I didn't really need much more.

Lastly, I didn't notice any sweat soaking inside the case or on anything in it.

I'm very happy with it so far and it will be great at the beach (obviously, not in the water.. ;) ) It'll also be great when I go mountain biking since I rarely use my camelbak unless I go on a longer ride.

IMHO, I think this armband is the best option. I've already recommended it for some of my friends who go hiking, etc. :)

Fatboy71

macrumors 65816
Dec 21, 2010
UK
Hey everyone-

I was sick for a bit and I didn't feel like going out until I felt better. I finally had a chance to go on a short hike since we had some decent weather.

I switched to band between my forearm and my upper arm so I could get a feel but it was very comfortable in both ways. It's obviously convenient if you want to be able to read it if its necessary. No doubt- its less distracting on my upperarm.

I loaded up the case more than I usually carried in my pockets (obviously, keys), tissues and eyedrops but I had plenty enough space left but I didn't really need much more.

Lastly, I didn't notice any sweat soaking inside the case or on anything in it.

I'm very happy with it so far and it will be great at the beach (obviously, not in the water.. ;) ) It'll also be great when I go mountain biking since I rarely use my camelbak unless I go on a longer ride.

IMHO, I think this armband is the best option. I've already recommended it for some of my friends who go hiking, etc. :)

Thanks very much for the update, appreciate it :)

Nice to learn its comfortable and that sweat doesn't soak through to the inside where the iPhone is (which is of paramount importance me).

OverSpun

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Sep 12, 2006
California
Thanks very much for the update, appreciate it :)

Nice to learn its comfortable and that sweat doesn't soak through to the inside where the iPhone is (which is of paramount importance me).

I'm glad it helped you since I've wanted one for years since I've lost a myriad of random items and luckily, not my phone before. It's also immeasurably better having everything on my arm rather my shorts pocket and bouncing around. I'm recovering from leukemia and I usually have to carry some necessaries that I can't lose while I'm out.

In other news with a bit update on my little review:

In the past month- I went out on a "short" hike and I eventually found myself that it became nearly pitch dark. Of course, I didn't have a flashlight with me besides my phone's camera light. It would have been a terrible situation if I did happen to lose my phone or contacting anyone. I love the i-25 that I picked up.

I might have to pick up their "Nighthawk" armband if I find myself stranded at night that often... I'm also very glad that they updated their website and it's unbelievably easier to navigate than their last website. Not sure if my original links still work, but it's easier from the front page then- https://www.armpocket.com

Besides- If i do happen to pick up another one, I'll add it to this thread or maybe make another thread?

I'm likely going to update this thread after a while about it's longevity since I don't recall many people who have shown any long term reviews. It's important for me. :)

Fatboy71

macrumors 65816
Dec 21, 2010
UK
I'm glad it helped you since I've wanted one for years since I've lost a myriad of random items and luckily, not my phone before. It's also immeasurably better having everything on my arm rather my shorts pocket and bouncing around. I'm recovering from leukemia and I usually have to carry some necessaries that I can't lose while I'm out.

In other news with a bit update on my little review:

In the past month- I went out on a "short" hike and I eventually found myself that it became nearly pitch dark. Of course, I didn't have a flashlight with me besides my phone's camera light. It would have been a terrible situation if I did happen to lose my phone or contacting anyone. I love the i-25 that I picked up.

I might have to pick up their "Nighthawk" armband if I find myself stranded at night that often... I'm also very glad that they updated their website and it's unbelievably easier to navigate than their last website. Not sure if my original links still work, but it's easier from the front page then- https://www.armpocket.com

Besides- If i do happen to pick up another one, I'll add it to this thread or maybe make another thread?

I'm likely going to update this thread after a while about it's longevity since I don't recall many people who have shown any long term reviews. It's important for me. :)

Thanks for the update, and I hope your recovery goes well :)

Fatboy71

macrumors 65816
Dec 21, 2010
UK
I have just received my Armpocket armband today (Aero i-10).

Not had a chance to try it out in the gym yet, but I did try it on earlier and it felt extremely comfortable.

jjk454ss

macrumors 601
Jul 10, 2008
Thanks for the review, looks nice, bit maybe a bit bulky. But carrying my slim wallet and a key in it would maybe be nice.

OverSpun

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Sep 12, 2006
California
I have just received my Armpocket armband today (Aero i-10).

Not had a chance to try it out in the gym yet, but I did try it on earlier and it felt extremely comfortable.

Mine is also very comfortable. I mainly use it at the gym and hiking.

Thanks for the review, looks nice, bit maybe a bit bulky. But carrying my slim wallet and a key in it would maybe be nice.

It's not bulky in my opinion. I only carry my ID and a credit card, etc and my keys. It's been great for hiking and especially that nothing got soaked with sweat inside the armband.

Fatboy71

macrumors 65816
Dec 21, 2010
UK
Been using my armband since last September, 3 or 4 times a week in the gym and its still like new. Best armband I've owned.

I'll be certainly going to Armpocket for my next armband, when I get the next iPhone (iPhone 6 or whatever it will be called).

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.