Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Rumors and past release date info have thus far pointed towards a September launch date for the iPhone 6, which has now been confirmed by a reliable source that spoke to MacRumors.

Mass shipments of the iPhone 6 from China to the United States are expected to occur during the last two weeks of August and it is likely that Apple will announce the iPhone 6 during the first or second weeks of September. The first deliveries of the device will come later in the month on a corresponding Friday, roughly a week and a half after the event.

iphone6render.jpg
iPhone 6 render by Tomas Moyano and Nicolas Aichino
An early September event is in line with previous rumors and with the event dates of the last two iPhone generations. The iPhone 5 was announced on Wednesday, September 12 with availability occurring on September 21 and the iPhone 5s/5c was announced on Tuesday, September 10 with availability starting on September 20.

It remains unknown if the September iPhone 6 event will include just the 4.7-inch iPhone 6 or both the 4.7-inch and 5.5-inch variations. Early rumors pointed towards production issues that might delay the launch of the larger phone, but those problems appear to be solved and a recent rumor from Bloomberg has suggested both devices could launch at the same time.

A report from earlier today pointed towards a September 25 launch date for the iPhone 6, but Apple typically releases the iPhone on a Friday, making this prediction unlikely. September 12, 19, and 26 are all probable launch dates for the iPhone 6, based on production speed and available inventory.

Apple's iPhone 6 is expected to include a larger display size along with a thinner iPod-touch style design, an A8 processor, and camera improvements. The 5.5-inch iPhone has thus far been positioned as the premium version and may include upgrades like optical image stabilization and a larger storage capacity, with a $100 price premium.

Article Link: Apple Expected to Announce iPhone 6 in Early September, With Launch Later in the Month

nepalisherpa

macrumors 68020
Aug 15, 2011
USA
All these articles are making me feel like going into a hibernate mode and just wake up in mid-September.

KieranDotW

macrumors 6502a
Apr 12, 2012
Canada
So we established a launch date. I don't mind iPhone 6 stories (I'm more than excited), but this is old news.

jrswizzle

macrumors 603
Aug 23, 2012
McKinney, TX
My body is ready.....

Shut up and take my money.....

Any others we can throw out there?

Now I'm just trying to figure out how I can swing it so I can get both the 4.7" and 5.5".....if I can get around $500 for my 32GB 5S (its a little beat up).....

nikicampos

macrumors 6502a
Jul 23, 2011
I wish I could get paid to say that the next iPhone will be released in September, I don't think anyone in this world could've guessed that.. :rolleyes:

Management

macrumors regular
Jun 20, 2010
Camera

I'm very interested in seeing the improvements in the camera and camera software!!!

I wish they would not make it so think and added increased battery life and large increases camera specifications, e.g. megapixels (for printing), manual controls, sharpness and low light capabilities.

One can only hope.

cube

Suspended
May 10, 2004
Meanwhile the Galaxy Note 3 Neo DUOS is trickling into new markets, and the Galaxy S5 mini DUOS should not be far away from appearing somewhere.

treborn

macrumors newbie
Mar 20, 2014
Salem, Oregon
iPhone / iWatch / iWait

I don't care when this comes out anymore. I plan on waiting for the larger of the two screen sizes. Mainly, I have been anticipating the iWatch since it was first rumored. I have denied myself of many wristbands that do a few things, in hopes Apple trumps them all.

kerrikins

macrumors 65816
Sep 22, 2012
Looking sexy!! I am looking forward to this phone :) We'll see if I get black or a different colour, not sure yet...

bananas

macrumors 6502
Aug 1, 2007
I imagine this render is pretty close to the actual iPhone 6 and I like it.

MacSince1990

macrumors 65816
Oct 6, 2009
I'm not entirely sure why I keep waiting for news on the iPhone 6. I'm perfectly happy with my 5...

MrXiro

macrumors 68040
Nov 2, 2007
Los Angeles
I love the look of this phone... dislike the glass "breaks" on the back though, didn't like them on the 5/5S either. Would have preferred either all glass or all metal backing (I know, all metal would have blocked some of the radios). The breaks just look tacky. This GOLD render is friggin' ugly though.

I really hope they bring back Space Grey, best color they've used to date. Space Grey with a White Screen would be awesome!

iolinux333

macrumors 68000
Feb 9, 2014
I love the look of this phone... dislike the glass "breaks" on the back though, didn't like them on the 5/5S either. Would have preferred either all glass or all metal backing (I know, all metal would have blocked some of the radios). The breaks just look tacky. This GOLD render is friggin' ugly though.

I really hope they bring back Space Grey, best color they've used to date. Space Grey with a White Screen would be awesome!

Why can't the antennae just be under the screen? So what if the brain is a bit more radiated.

Alex1213

macrumors newbie
Jun 26, 2014
Now this I like makes me question if I should keep my 5s but that screen size I don't like I want 4"#

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.