Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

LVK

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 1, 2013
Hey I have installed Boot Camp and it worked perfect. Then it said there were some new updates, so of course I agreed to update (104 updates). After that when I tried to access the Windows partition a black screen came up right after that "Microsoft Corporation" thing. It was a black screen with some numbers running in the upper left corner. After that the screen with the updates came up again with an error:
"Microsoft C++ Runtime Library
Runtime Error!
Program C:/Windows/system32/rundll32.exe
This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way. Please contact the application's support for more information."

Sometimes it also wrights: system32/nvvsvc.exe

I cant access Windows at all because it just keeps shutting down before I can enter my password or anything.
What should/can I do? :(

V4705

macrumors 6502
Mar 23, 2009
Restore to an earlier point from safe mode (a second before the windows logo appears, hit F8 or fn+F8 and choose Safe Mode with network from the menu, than restore to earlier point to undo changes).

If system restore doesn't fixed the issue, go back to Safe Mode, uninstall nVidia's drivers and .net frameworks, you can always reinstall them\download the latest version from the manufacturer website.

If you can't even access safe mode, just reinstall the OS (hit "option" when starting up your computer, go into OSX and start the Windows installation process from the beginning).

markboston

macrumors newbie
Feb 13, 2012
sounds like a bad corruption. as stated if you cannot get into safe mode or restore point you need to do a full reinstall. this is why backups are so important. :D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.