Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

lilith2014

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 7, 2011
Hi,

I have MBP aliuminum, running 10.6

When I use chrome flashplayer or quicktime or torrent, some times, veryoften I may add, the internet goes off. I can't find a solution. Anybody has any idea?

yangchewren

macrumors regular
Dec 1, 2012
Hi,

I have MBP aliuminum, running 10.6

When I use chrome flashplayer or quicktime or torrent, some times, veryoften I may add, the internet goes off. I can't find a solution. Anybody has any idea?

you should provide us the exact model number of your MBP.

Later perform some troubleshooting steps to exclude other possibilities:
1. Do such symptoms appear when using ethernet?(yes->possibly a software problem)

2. When using another wifi network? (yes->try a further step of cheap troubleshooting, use an external wifi dongle and see if this happens)

3. After a fresh install of OS X^^^?

lilith2014

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 7, 2011
Thank you for your reply guys, I hope you can answer me this after giving more info.

Yes, is quite old, is a MBP2,2 2007 2.33 inter core duo with 3gb 667 ddr2 sdram.

When I used ethernet or wifi, it gets disconnected. Only happens when I have one of those three elements open (torrent, chrome with flashplayer on, and quicktime). I see in my Activity monitor how the CPU% goes up with these three, fu***ng chrom helper makes most of the mess and the kernel_task goes up, it has to be memory I imagine, but it didn't mess up like this before.

Now my new question is. I clear OSX install means all of my stuff will be gone, if I restore it later with my backup, which is a mirror of what I have now, it will be the same at the end right?

THanks.

h9826790

macrumors P6
Apr 3, 2014
Hong Kong
It depends on how much continues space avail in your HDD. If possible, you can crate a partition to perform a clean OSX installation.

In that case, you will have 2 OS. The new one is for testing purpose. If there is no problem, you can move your data into this new partition, and then delete the old one.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.