Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mscann

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 10, 2011
Hopefully somebody can help as I have been searching with no luck. I currently use Planner Plus, and have tried Opus Domini and OnePad. My requirements are pretty straight forward. I am looking for a split screen app. half shows a daily calender and the other half is just a note taking app. Basically I want the Planner Plus app without the task list and make the entire left side a notes column. My only other requirements is that is must be searchable and I would like to be able to attach pictures to certain notes. Not worried about cost of the app if I find something that does all this

Any help is greatly appreciated

PrincessV

macrumors newbie
Dec 17, 2012
Take a look at Capture 365. It will sync with all of your Apple devices.

Hope this helps.

mscann

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 10, 2011
Thanks for the help, but neither are what I am looking for. I am basically wanting something that looks like this, day planner in one column and just a basic note column on the other side

Attachments

• screen480x480.jpeg
    screen480x480.jpeg
    20.5 KB · Views: 272

mscann

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 10, 2011
The problem I have with planner plus is that 90% of the left column is for 'tasks" and 10% is for notes. I would prefer that switched up. I would like the entire left column for notes. I do not use the task feature at all. I basically want a 2 column app, one with a day planner, one with notes

kilcher

macrumors 65816
Jul 3, 2011
Can anyone who uses Planner Plus tell me how recurring tasks work? Does it recur from when it's scheduled, when it's completed, or can you set it to either one?

I'm willing to try it but the ability to set it from either is a must for me and wanted to find out before shelling out $9.

I use OmniFocus now and it's one of the few that offers that flexibility.

Thanks!

mscann

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 10, 2011
Thanks to everyone who gave suggestions. I have found an app called Informant. It does everything I have been looking for. Very customizable and worth the $ 14.99 for me

Last edited:

mscann

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 10, 2011
^^ yes, I got the free trial and bought the full version after a couple of days

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.