Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

amarkon

macrumors newbie
Aug 12, 2012
Wait. What do you mean with »switched back«? 10.10 is still beta and not for productive use. So complaining here about bugs is out of place.

For most people (or for me at least) we don't have the money for separate work/personal/dev machines, so the betas get installed on the only device I have. I'm not saying people have a right to complain about bugs because it is a beta, but the argument that it shouldn't be installed on personal machines isn't always valid.

lewismayell

macrumors 6502a
Mar 24, 2013
South West England
This! Oh God, so much of this!
Despite the bugs (troubles connecting to Wi-fi networks and incompatibility with some apps) I'm loving Yosemite.

Thank god there are other people, I can connect to my 2G band for a little but not the 5G band.

Although, I'm not sure how I'm going to be able to download this update, ****

JesperA

macrumors 6502a
Feb 10, 2012
Sweden
For most people (or for me at least) we don't have the money for separate work/personal/dev machines, so the betas get installed on the only device I have. I'm not saying people have a right to complain about bugs because it is a beta, but the argument that it shouldn't be installed on personal machines isn't always valid.
Making another partition for installing Yosemite costs nothing

TenMilesHigh

macrumors newbie

Sorry. But an external hdd costs about 50 bucks. So your argument is invalid.

Dephibio

macrumors 6502
Oct 3, 2013
Who said servers were hammered? :D

Screen Shot 2014-07-07 at 19.27.03.png

jayducharme

macrumors 601
Jun 22, 2006
The thick of it
I'm so looking forward to this OS. I like the interface redesign. It looks better than iOS 7; the "flatter" look works on a big screen, and lots of design tweaks bring a continuity that I hope we'll see in iOS 8. The new Spotlight looks phenomenal. And Continuity could be a game-changer.

I'll know for sure in a few months. :)

nylon

macrumors 65816
Oct 26, 2004
Could you link a print screen please? It's on download for me but I think it will benefit other people who don't have access to it.

Attached, doesn't look too good.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2014-07-07 at 1.28.09 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2014-07-07 at 1.28.09 PM.png
    3 MB · Views: 4,199

chrono1081

macrumors G3
Jan 26, 2008
Isla Nublar
I'm so looking forward to this OS. I like the interface redesign. It looks better than iOS 7; the "flatter" look works on a big screen, and lots of design tweaks bring a continuity that I hope we'll see in iOS 8. The new Spotlight looks phenomenal. And Continuity could be a game-changer.

I'll know for sure in a few months. :)

I like all the design changes except for:

-The stoplight buttons, they're kind of ugly IMO.
-The new finder icon is...strange to me....
-I still like the 3D dock but 2D doesn't bother me.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.