Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

gregpod9

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 27, 2007
A couple of days ago I bought the 13" MBP Retina at Best Buy and they offered me their extended warranty, but I declined it because it cost too much. I would like to know which extended warranty should I buy: AppleCare, Best Buy, or Square Trade and why?

Trvlngnrs

macrumors 6502
Jun 8, 2010
I've purchased Square Trade in the past.

Sign up for their emails, they will send you emails that have significant discounts to purchase their warranty. They used to have amax they would pay out, Applecare doesn't.

mad3inch1na

macrumors 6502a
Oct 21, 2013
A couple of days ago I bought the 13" MBP Retina at Best Buy and they offered me their extended warranty, but I declined it because it cost too much. I would like to know which extended warranty should I buy: AppleCare, Best Buy, or Square Trade and why?

I had Square Trade for my iPhone, and they were extremely accommodating when I broke my screen. Something else to note is that you can get AppleCare as long as it has been within the first year of your purchase. BestBuy is within the first 2-3 weeks. Square Trade is within the first month or two. Just something to think about.

Matt

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.