Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jakudo

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 21, 2008
Prague, Czech Republic
Hi,

all members of our family have some iDevice. My mom works shifts at work, so she created "Work" calendar, which she shares to all of us. She creates only all day event, where she type "all day", "morning", "afternoon" etc to let us know what shift she has.
The problem is that when she creates the event on iMac, some events appear on other iDevices as two days event (shown in pictures). I found out that when I see some two days even in her calendar on my iPad and just turn off the iCloud calendar and that turn it on again, it shows everything correctly.
Any idea, what it might be?
We have everything updated.

Attachments

• IMG_0264.PNG
    IMG_0264.PNG
    63.6 KB · Views: 88
  • Snímek obrazovky 2014-07-06 v 8.32.54.png
    Snímek obrazovky 2014-07-06 v 8.32.54.png
    86.5 KB · Views: 101

impaler

macrumors 6502
Feb 20, 2006
USA
Hi,

all members of our family have some iDevice. My mom works shifts at work, so she created "Work" calendar, which she shares to all of us. She creates only all day event, where she type "all day", "morning", "afternoon" etc to let us know what shift she has.
The problem is that when she creates the event on iMac, some events appear on other iDevices as two days event (shown in pictures). I found out that when I see some two days even in her calendar on my iPad and just turn off the iCloud calendar and that turn it on again, it shows everything correctly.
Any idea, what it might be?
We have everything updated.

Some more details would be helpful, such as what version OSs everything is running, and what clients are being used.

Some clients create events as 12:00 to 12:00...which, depending on the client, could be interpreted as a multi-day event. You'll want to ensure the checkbox for all day event is checked consistently.

jakudo

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 21, 2008
Prague, Czech Republic
It is created on iMac with latest Mac OS X update. The "all day" chech box ich checked. On iPhone 5, iPhone 4, iPhone 3G, iPad 2, iPad Retina (everything with latest possible updates) has the problem.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.