Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Tm1992

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 1, 2013
Curious to know if they fixed the bug for iPhone users who switch to android? Using a nexus temporarily till the 6, and its really frustrating having to use my iPhone to read messages I don't get (I'd update to iOS 7.1.2 and find out myself but left my charger at work)

Stuke00

macrumors 68000
Oct 11, 2011
Collinsville,IL
Curious to know if they fixed the bug for iPhone users who switch to android? Using a nexus temporarily till the 6, and its really frustrating having to use my iPhone to read messages I don't get (I'd update to iOS 7.1.2 and find out myself but left my charger at work)

If your iPhone is still active.. that is probably why iMessage still sends texts to it.

NastyTruth

macrumors newbie
Jun 30, 2014
Is it really a bug, or didn't you deactivate iMessage on the iPhone correctly? For me it worked for the time I used a Lumia last year, after I deactivated iMessage in settings.

Xenomorph

macrumors 65816
Aug 6, 2008
St. Louis

I think it's hilarious and sad that people think this has anything to do with Android.

PNutts

macrumors 601
Jul 24, 2008
Pacific Northwest, US
I think it's hilarious and sad that people think this has anything to do with Android.

The OP simply asked they way it's being described because that's what most people jump ship to. It should happen if someone moved to a Windows phone (if and when that happens). ;) Anyway, there's a lawsuit from someone who moved to an Android phone but in this article it's described as "moving to another device" which happened to be Android.

Winona Northdakota

macrumors 6502a
Dec 27, 2010
Did iOS 7.1.2 fix the iMessage bug?

The OP simply asked they way it's being described because that's what most people jump ship to. It should happen if someone moved to a Windows phone (if and when that happens). ;) Anyway, there's a lawsuit from someone who moved to an Android phone but in this article it's described as "moving to another device" which happened to be Android.

Well, technology isn't magic. People need to stop treating it as such.

People have reported the same experience with other platforms:

http://www.technologywoman.com/2012...-google-voice-and-into-verizon-my-experience/

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.