Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

superscape

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 12, 2008
East Riding of Yorkshire, UK
Hi there,

I've got a folder full of 'stuff' that I'd like to cache in Adobe Bridge so, for example, I can search for files by metadata quickly. There are a number of subfolders (one per 'job'), each of which has the same folder structure (see attached pic).

I only actually need to be able to search what's in the 'Proofs' folder of search job folder. I don't want to cache anything else - mainly because there are so many other files that caching *everything* would be excessively time consuming.

Is there a way of preventing caching of anything that's not in the 'Proofs' folder(s)?

Any suggestions appreciated.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2014-07-10 at 07.58.10.png
    Screen Shot 2014-07-10 at 07.58.10.png
    61.2 KB · Views: 170

Baklava

macrumors 6502a
Feb 1, 2010
Germany
Is there a way of preventing caching of anything that's not in the 'Proofs' folder(s)?
Unfortunately Bridge doesn't offer such a feature.There is surely a workaround with the help of Smart Folders. You could create a Smart Folder via Finder containing just Folders called Proof and use Bridge just for that particular Smart Folder. But you would have to run a second instance of Bridge to be able to browse other Folders while not creating any cache files. After all that would be too complicated so you have to live with your cache files.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.