Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jrs22

macrumors 6502
Aug 1, 2012
Sounds as if this stylus does one thing, and one thing only, which is use electronics to get the iPad to perceive that the thin stylus is the thickness of a finger. If it works on the original iPad then it doesn't use Bluetooth, so it may use the microphone. That would be why a battery is needed. Since that's the only feature, probably the biggest problem that could occur is offset, or lack of accuracy.

So no palm rejection or pressure sensitivity as added features above what a dumb stylus provides.

campyguy

macrumors 68040
Mar 21, 2014
So no palm rejection or pressure sensitivity as added features above what a dumb stylus provides.

^This. Pass.

I saw Wacom's Intuos Creative Stylus on sale on Amazon's web site for 1/2 off last night. I think I'll buy one now.

nyandrews

macrumors newbie
Nov 7, 2007
I think the battery supplies an incredibly small charge to the tip. Thereby making the iPad believe the small tip is actually a larger tipped finger. Could be dead on or 100% wrong.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.