Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

timborama

macrumors 6502a
Oct 12, 2011
Samsung Electronics must be [insert bad word here] themselves right now. They just announced YOY sales and profit decline (3rd straight quarter of profit decline) and this is before Apple's larger screen Phone has even been announced. All that money they spent on marketing and yet they couldn't buy brand loyalty.
Huh?!? Samsung still outsells Apple phones, 2-2.5x in unit sales. Do your homework!

http://www.gartner.com/newsroom/id/2623415

SactoGuy18

macrumors 601
Sep 11, 2006
Sacramento, CA USA
I for one can't wait to get the 32 or 64 GB iPhone 6 (4.7" model) to replace my Samsung Galaxy S III. My cellphone contract runs out in September 2014, so.... :D

Tech198

Cancelled
Mar 21, 2011
Apple doesn't wanna miss a "delay", "short supply" issues again..

Looks like no matter how many Apple tries an "double up" on every year or so, seems they always fall short, because twice the amount of users now want them.

oh well

Puonti

macrumors 68000
Mar 14, 2011
Wow.
Getting in to debt and paying interest when you have a phone that works just fine.

That's smart thinking :apple:!

How do you know they're going to pay interest on their CC? You are aware that it's possible to pay things with a CC every month yet not pay interest by being smart about how you pay it back? (and I don't mean paying back to zero next month)

bawbac

macrumors 65816
Mar 2, 2012
Seattle, WA
you dont know how to use your credit cards properly.

Why spend your own money now when you can leverage debt and spend someone elses.

you don't have to use a credit card to rack up big debt and pay interest. on almost every transaction yo do not pay interest until 30 days from the point of transaction.

I put all my purchases on my credit cards. But i never carry a balance, which means I never pay interest. Why I use a credit card? again, why spend my own money up front when I can spend someone elses. My Credit card has more room on it then my debit card (5k daily limit on purchases vs 500). I also earn points on my card for free groceries and gift cards, that using cash or debit don't accumulate. a 650 purchase on Credit card would net me around $10 in free money.

So yeah, Assuming that everyone who uses a credit card to purchase larger ticket items clearly has debt problems.

Or maybe most of us pay off our credit cards monthly and only need to use it when we buy something online.

You clearly don't know how to use a credit card.

I use my credit card as a debit card.

The reason for that is that it gives me Cashback (5% currently) and also extra layers of damage protection.

I make a payment, then simply transfer the money to pay the amount off immediately.

How do you know they're going to pay interest on their CC? You are aware that it's possible to pay things with a CC every month yet not pay interest by being smart about how you pay it back? (and I don't mean paying back to zero next month)

It's usually those who spout these "ideal CC" usages that have the biggest debt and live off CC beyond their means! :eek:

Last edited:

Pipper99

macrumors 68040
Aug 14, 2010
Fort Worth, TX
It's usually those who spout these "ideal CC" usages that have the biggest debt and live off CC beyond their means! :eek:

Usually? :rolleyes:

I'll spout off, too: I charge everything that I can on my credit card, and I pay off the balance every month. I haven't paid credit card interest in many years.

Kendo

macrumors 68020
Apr 4, 2011

I'll spout off, too: I charge everything that I can on my credit card, and I pay off the balance every month. I haven't paid credit card interest in many years.

I haven't paid interest on a credit card for 7 years and I get about $750 a year cashback.

bawbac

macrumors 65816
Mar 2, 2012
Seattle, WA

I haven't paid interest on a credit card for 7 years and I get about $750 a year cashback.

So you 2 are both in the 1% of CC holders that pay off their balance before any interest accrual.

I call
bs_flag.gif
unless you have proof to back up your claims.

As I mentioned before, usually people who say things like this are those who are in deepest debt living on borrowed money to keep up with the appletons in their community.

Azzin

macrumors 603
Jun 23, 2010
London, England.

So when I said I use my credit card like a debit cad to earn Cashback and get extra breakage protection, but pay it off *IMMEDIATELY*, you interpreted that as someone "living beyond their means"?

Ok then. :rolleyes:

zipa

macrumors 65816
Feb 19, 2010
They do well with units, yes, but their profit is falling. Google 'Samsung profit' and you will see what they are referring to. Samsung is calling for investors to expect reduced profit for Q2.

To be fair, there's a bit more to Samsung than phones or consumer electronics in general.

Trapezoid

macrumors 65816
Mar 19, 2014
So we don't really have to wait in line for hours anymore? Hah, wonder what Samsungs next ads will be about then.

They'll make fun of companies that sell a lot of phones in one qtr. Not that that makes sense, but neither does making fun of companies whose products people line up for.

adnbek

macrumors 68000
Oct 22, 2011
Montreal, Quebec
Huh?!? Samsung still outsells Apple phones, 2-2.5x in unit sales. Do your homework!

http://www.gartner.com/newsroom/id/2623415

Most of which is comprised of their low-end models which bring very little profit, while their sales of their premium phones have fallen considerably hence the drop of profits for three quarters straight.

I'd imagine the new iPhone will further eat away at their sales in that segment, the only one that matters to their bottom line.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.