Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Peace

Cancelled
Original poster
Apr 1, 2005
Space The Only Frontier
*Spoiler*

Last Episode :

In the highly anticipated season finale, the clock ticks toward the final seconds of Jack Bauer’s most heroic day. As the world teeters on a terror plot of mass proportions, Jack and the team reunite one last time to avert an imminent international crisis. With little time left and the fate of the free world on the line, Jack is faced with an unthinkable and grave decision. Lives will be lost and the American administration will grapple with the day’s most devastating news as the clock stops in the all-new “Day 9: 10:00 PM – 11:00 AM” Event Series Finale episode of 24: LIVE ANOTHER DAY airing Monday, July 14 (9:00-10:00 PM ET/PT) on FOX.

Originally posted: http://seriable.com/24-live-another-day-9-12-event-series-finale-sneak-peeks/#ixzz36zgNy3ix

The Following Takes Place Between 10PM and 11AM

Tilpots

macrumors 601
Apr 19, 2006
Carolina Beach, NC
Wow. Just watched Monday's episode. One of their best ever.

Yep. You get the feeling that Jack is more of a free agent. If he wasn't seemingly bounded by the rules in the previous season's, he's wide open now. You feel like he could and would do anything at this point and that's what heightens the viewing. When he smashed up Navarro's hand with his gun! Oh man, a new trick, even for Bauer! When Cheng shot Cross in the head, it was a much quicker/shocking action than before. This condensed season gives them the impetus to move the plot very quickly. Kim doesn't need to get chased every year. They've been able to get rid of those annoying, time wasting subplots and skip straight to the brutality, er, I mean, action.

Is the finale two hours?

Peace

Cancelled
Original poster
Apr 1, 2005
Space The Only Frontier
Season Finale Promo for tonight :

As an aside. I haven't watched the final episode but my guess the stunning twist is Kate Morgan works for the Russians .

jdechko

macrumors 601
Jul 1, 2004
Season Finale Promo for tonight :

As an aside. I haven't watched the final episode but my guess the stunning twist is Kate Morgan works for the Russians .

YouTube: video

I think we're done with the plot twists. The "unthinkable and grave decision" alluded to makes me think that either Chloe or Audrey dies. My bet is on Audrey, seeing as how Teri Bauer and Renee Walker were both killed. I think she sacrifices herself to take herself out of the equation and allow Jack to do whatever is necessary to stop Cheng.

But we will see. I really, really hope there's a season 10.

iPhilPHX

macrumors regular
Oct 14, 2009
Phoenix, AZ
Not a bad ending. Certainly leaves it open for another season.

Agreed, good episode. I was a bit concerned at first when, reading the program listing, it stated "Series Finale" instead to the usual "Season Finale". I kept thinking it would be Bauer himself who finally dies, thus closing the show for good. Nice to see there might be more to come.

mscriv

macrumors 601
Aug 14, 2008
Dallas, Texas
I thought the episode was good, but didn't like the ending. They've already done that ending before so I thought it was a little played out.

Crazy Badger

macrumors 65816
Apr 1, 2008
Scotland
I would agree. Really enjoyed the season, and most of the finale, but wasn't sure about the way they wrapped things up. Didn't really think much of the 12 hours jump either, and thought they would have been better spreading that time across the 12 episodes.

I'm sure there will be a season 10 though, so will look forward to that and cross my fingers that they manage a full 24 hours next time...

MacNut

macrumors Core
Jan 4, 2002
CT
Finally caught up on the last 3 episodes. Really well done this season. They brought back a lot of old loose ends and closed them nicely.

Sad to see Audury go, and I agree they have to give the series a final 10th season. Maybe set in Moscow to close it out, or could that be the big movie they talked about.

I can see Kate taking a lead role in a Jack rescue mission with Chloe back in the fold again. Maybe bring back Kim.

Either way they can't end it on season 9, they came this far give the show a proper send off.

rdowns

macrumors Penryn
Jul 11, 2003
Audrey had to die. Her father will no longer be President so she's useless as a character, unless they go back to crappy B story lines.

A little disappointed in the ending. Like mscriv said, it's been done.

MacNut

macrumors Core
Jan 4, 2002
CT
Audrey had to die. Her father will no longer be President so she's useless as a character, unless they go back to crappy B story lines.

A little disappointed in the ending. Like mscriv said, it's been done.
It does seem like the old formula, unless the next season picks right off where this day ended. I doubt they do another torture storyline. And this is certainly not the way to end the series.

I do see a heavy Kate/Chloe storyline building. And we don't know who the current vice president is. Would they pull another old character out of their hat.

BenTrovato

macrumors 68040
Jun 29, 2012
Canada
It does seem like the old formula, unless the next season picks right off where this day ended. I doubt they do another torture storyline. And this is certainly not the way to end the series.

I do see a heavy Kate/Chloe storyline building. And we don't know who the current vice president is. Would they pull another old character out of their hat.

I agree.. there was a lot of been done/same old throughout this season. Although the return factor makes it easy to overlook it for now. I see so much potential with a few different modernizations/concepts. I hope they move in a positive direction for what's next.

rdowns

macrumors Penryn
Jul 11, 2003
I want to see Kate Morgan get Chloe, Tony Almeida and Aaron Pierce together to bust Jack out of a Russian gulag.

Tilpots

macrumors 601
Apr 19, 2006
Carolina Beach, NC
I was fine with the ending. Yeah, it's been done, but so had pretty much every other scenario. Leaving with the Russians left a nice starting point for the show to resume. They didn't kill him off. They didn't trot him off into a glorious sunset. They traded his life for Chloe's and left him precariously dangling to carry the audience another multi year wait.

Jack in prison also gives them a fresh starting point for picking back up if they decide Keifer's not quite up to the task of returning. He could be injured or killed and still pass on the baton to the next gen.

I'd like to see Russia actually need Jacks help somehow. That could get you a Moscow backdrop for an epic twist. Who knows? I'm just glad the door was left wide open.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.