Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ejb190

macrumors 65816
I miss the quality of the old posters. But that's probably to do with the fact that there were fewer regulars, so you got to know them...

It might have something to do with MacRumors being more fragmented now between Macs, iPhones, iPads, and iPods, the PRSI area, Community. It seems to be easier to "hide" by not going into other sections.

And yah, I remember a lot of the 2001-2005 folks that don't come around much anymore. I learned a lot from many of them.

ibjoshua

macrumors 6502a
Jan 17, 2002
New Zealand
Bump!
When I joined it was the likes of eyelikeart, RowerCPU, Dukestreet, Alphatech, Backtothemac , Jefhatfield, Jelloshotsrule, mischief, Hemingray, teabgs (though I always thought of him as teabags), evoluzione, britboy, Wintermute, krossfyter, Durandal7 and of course your hubs Mr Ed and many, many others, some still post, some lurk, some have changed their names... but I remember them all with fondness though. :)

I joined at the same time and remember almost all of those names with a sense of fondness too. Must be getting old.

Suspended
Jul 11, 2006
Somewhere
I can't help but wonder what those initial posters are doing right now, or even if they're still amongst us.

With such generic names I guess we'll never know.

One of them doesn't post much, but their profile says their last activity was yesterday https://forums.macrumors.com/members/1786/ other than that it doesn't seem like the rest of them still come on unless they just don't log on.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.