Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Charadis

macrumors 65816
Jul 3, 2010

ZipZap

macrumors 603
Dec 14, 2007
With 78 days to go on my iPhone I dropped it. The case cracked the tempered glass shield cracked. The phone was fine.

The shield was a sir lancelot. The case a .03mm TPU.

AlexJaye

Suspended
Jul 13, 2010
I shattered my iPhone 5 screen just a few months after I had gotten it. I don't give a crap. It is just a phone, and I can wait until the 6 comes out before caring again.

ZipZap

macrumors 603
Dec 14, 2007
I shattered my iPhone 5 screen just a few months after I had gotten it. I don't give a crap. It is just a phone, and I can wait until the 6 comes out before caring again.

This is a fairly pointless post.

So you got a used out of warranty phone and did not want to bother replacing the glass cause you could not afford it.

So you had to settle for living with it.

Any other situation puts it under warranty and easily (and likely) repaired.

AlexJaye

Suspended
Jul 13, 2010
This is a fairly pointless post.

So you got a used out of warranty phone and did not want to bother replacing the glass cause you could not afford it.

So you had to settle for living with it.

Hi,

So, I could afford the 2012 iMac I bought BTO, out of pocket, but I can't afford $50-$100 for an iPhone screen repair?

Please, give me more insight into my finances because apparently I am clueless at this point!

ZipZap

macrumors 603
Dec 14, 2007
Hi,

So, I could afford the 2012 iMac I bought BTO, out of pocket, but I can't afford $50-$100 for an iPhone screen repair?

Please, give me more insight into my finances because apparently I am clueless at this point!

Yeah you are. You post added nothing. What was the point if telling us about your broken glass.

If your telling us you decide to wait 5 or 6 months for a new phone as opposed to fixing the glass then I stand by my statement

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
Yeah you are. You post added nothing. What was the point if telling us about your broken glass.

If your telling us you decide to wait 5 or 6 months for a new phone as opposed to fixing the glass then I stand by my statement
To be fair seems like this is what the thread itself (the title the OP, etc.) is about really.

Retired Cat

macrumors 65816
Jun 12, 2013
The point of this topic is...?

People care less about the condition of item once it is no longer new and/or close to replacement?

I was pretty concerned about damage at first, but after 14 months my device has depreciated probably 50% or more.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.