Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

the8thark

macrumors 601
Original poster
Apr 18, 2011
We have areas for Mac/PC games and console games. But I don't see an area for iOS games. I only see iPhone and iPad app app areas. Can we just talk about the games in these two iOS areas or . . . ?

Some advice here would be nice. The specific reason I ask is we all know there are articles on the MR front page about discounted specific iOS games or new iOS games. I won't talk about why they are there as that is totally off topic here. But the fact is those articles exist. And I want to do something similar on the forums for one specific game that is discounted on the iOS app store for a limited time. So everyone else can get it for cheap before the discount is over.

This is advertising an iOS game I realise and I am not sure if this is against the rules due to the above mentioned front page MR articles.

That's it basically. Where should be talk iOS games on the forums is the basic question.

the8thark

macrumors 601
Original poster
Apr 18, 2011
On the MacRumors forums I'd say:

iPhone and iPod touch Apps
Or
iPad Apps

Probably the best place would be our sister site Touch Arcade which was designed specifically for games on iOS.

Well articles about iOS games do appear on the MR front page (as well as on TouchArcade) so I'll do the same as MR and post the information here as well. I'll use one of those 2 forums. Thanks.

Also thanks for the TouchArcade link. I'll take a look at it. I have not been there in a long time. Maybe I can pass on the information there as well.

MisterSavage

macrumors 601
Nov 10, 2018
I don't understand why there's not an iOS gaming section, especially now that Apple Arcade has been released. We currently have "Mac and PC games" and "console games".

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.