Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

DJSLIM3

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 25, 2014
Hello fellow forum users!
I've been researching through gaming rom utilities for mac, and haven't found any in this field.

Does anyone know of a rom corruption application that is compatible with OpenEmu (this compatibility isn't required, but would be nice)?

Please be aware that I have used "Wine" in the past to run windows corruptors, and despite it's ability to run, it's rather tedious to get roms to even run.

Thanks in advance for your time! Have a wonderful evening!

Desenrrollado

macrumors newbie
Jun 24, 2014
Solution! (Now there's a mac rom corruptor!)

So yes there's no corruptors out there however I took the liberty of looking through and Vinesauce's Corruptor popped out. You may argue it's only for windows false I simply remade it using wine. It works here's the link and enjoy:

https://www.mediafire.com/?dbj9bs2256y4sba

How it works: It creates a copy of the rom however it's been Modified/Corrupted. Should launch with open emu as long as you drag in the rom into the program
As well as here's some forums they'll help you out: http://vinesauce.com/vinetalk/index.php?topic=3913.0

Last edited:

sonicrox2009

macrumors newbie
Jul 11, 2014
I tried going into the __MACOSX folder and clicked on the application and it said "You cannot open the application 'VineSauce Romcorrupter 1.2.1 (Mac Release #1)' because it may be damaged or incomplete", and when I go into the Vinesauce Romcorrupter (Mac Port) folder and then into the Vinesauce ROM Corruptor v1.2.1 (Beta) folder and try to open the application, it opens and then immediately closes. It also doesn't have an icon. Is there something I'm doing wrong? My Mac OS version is 10.4.11, please respond as soon as you can.

DeltaMac

macrumors G5
Jul 30, 2003
Delaware
I can't find complete info about system requirements, but I think it's likely your 10.4.11 system is just too old. Something like OpenEMU needs at least 10.7 for current version, so likely the ROM corruptor needs that, too.

DeltaMac

macrumors G5
Jul 30, 2003
Delaware
That kind of message might simply mean that you need to disable SIP.
But, the software is from 2014, and there's lots of changes in macOS in the last 2 or three years, and particularly with Big Sur.
Are you using an M1 Mac?
Then, it's even more likely that's why you see the CPU type, especially if your software does some kind of Windows emulation. The M1 processor, and the macOS that supports it, isn't quite there yet - and may never get to that point (of supporting various Windows-type tools.
(I also suggest that you update your Big Sur system to current 11.2

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.