Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

airdrop

Cancelled
Oct 1, 2011
The most comfortable mouse for me is Logitech Performance MX
Using it 3 years already and is perfect (still), during the time I have tried magic mouse few times (looks great) but it's totally unusable (to flat) / SHI... / for me.

19678.png

SandboxGeneral

Moderator emeritus
Sep 8, 2010
Detroit
The most comfortable mouse for me is Logitech Performance MX
Using it 3 years already and is perfect (still), during the time I have tried magic mouse few times (looks great) but it's totally unusable (to flat) / SHI... / for me.

Agreed. I've been using them for many years and never get tired of it.

jdechko

macrumors 601
Jul 1, 2004
If I'm not using the trackpad, I like hooking up a cheap Dell USB scroll mouse. I have a Logitech Marathon Mouse that I really like, but I dunno how much longer my wrists can take the abuse of using a mouse. The added weight of the batteries just makes it feel too heavy and amplifies the strain on my wrists.
I'm considering picking up the new Intuos Pen & Touch tablet and using that full-time with just the trackpad.

RyFP21

macrumors newbie
Jul 27, 2014
New mouse?

Any word if Apple will be coming out with a new redesigned wireless mouse in the near future?

My 2 USB ports on my MacBook are in constant use so I would prefer a Bluetooth mouse instead of a mouse that needs a USB receiver/transmitter.

Suggestions? Thanks in advance.

frank4

macrumors regular
Oct 17, 2011
Using a small Dell BlueTooth mouse that is similar to the Dell WM524 "Travel Mouse". Works fine, but I removed the ratchet click spring from the mouse wheel because I like a free-rolling wheel. I also have a few wired Logitech optical mice, all have the ratchet click spring removed from the wheel.

I also have the Magic Mouse and I use it occasionally, but I find it gives me hand strain after an hour. This mouse is too low, and the click buttons require too much pressure. Also this mouse does not move very smoothly on most surfaces I tried, it seems too have too much friction from the mouse feet and that makes it hard to make small precise movements. It's a cool mouse in concept but the design needs some tweaking to make it feel more comfortable.

Last edited:

RyFP21

macrumors newbie
Jul 27, 2014
Will using a 2.4Ghz USB wireless mouse cause "interference" with 6th gen AirPort Extreme?

drewsof07

macrumors 68020
Oct 30, 2006
Ohio
B00E4MQODC_G602_CTG_lg.jpg

Been using the Logitech G602 since early spring and I absolutely love it. Have never had a wireless mouse that's more responsive.

Jessica Lares

macrumors G3
Oct 31, 2009
Near Dallas, Texas, USA
My Mighty Mouse started falling apart so now I use my Wacom Pen & Touch. I've gotten used to the differences.

I don't think I could use a Magic Trackpad after it though, it's so puny in size compared to it. :p :D

umbilical

macrumors 65816
May 3, 2008
FL, USA
I hate! the apple mighty and magic mouse... yeah yeah looks cool but ergonomics and feel is too bad... I use for years the heavy mighty poor scroll and now I have a problem with my arm for the heavy use... Im a fool and dont move years ago to a logitech... or other.

I need for a lot work in Photoshop, photo retouch...

so... I look the logitech Performance... maybe reviewers say than the old Revolution is better...

but well the Performance is not too heavy? is more heavy than the damn mighty with batteries (is a rock! too heavy)?

I see to the M510... less heavy maybe but maybe not as great ergonomic than Performance?

any help? I should be buy the Performance?
money dont matters! I need something great for heavy use in photoshop, ilustrator... Im designer...

Im not a gammer but Logitech G602 worth for photoshop and ergonomics?

I like more a mouse than trackpad by the way... yes I need a great mouse!

any help? thanks

cebseb

macrumors regular
Feb 21, 2011
Kensington trackball for me!

Attachments

• 61SgMNdjgwL._SL1500_.jpg
    61SgMNdjgwL._SL1500_.jpg
    92.4 KB · Views: 123

snorkelman

Cancelled
Oct 25, 2010
money dont matters! I need something great for heavy use in photoshop, ilustrator... Im designer...

Personally I'd consider alternative of going with Wacom tablet? For me using a mouse for illustration has always felt like drawing with a crayon clenched in middle of my hand :(

Can take a week or two to get used to as primary device though; even if you dont use it for everything long term, its worth a week or two of using it as the only pointing device. That way you get comfortable enough with it to use it in illustrator etc without constant need to switch to a mouse when dealing with menus etc.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.