Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

kdm0505

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 5, 2014
Hey guys, I'm new to the mac world as I just bought a MBA. So the problem is that the tracking of my wireless mice (Logitech m305,m705) is slightly more jerky on the Mac compared to using them on the PC. I must say that it is very slight but noticeable. If I had to describe it I would say slightly less precise and slightly more jerky.

I have been in contact with Apple support and there was no quick fix. I did not have much time to speak with them when I originally spoke with support. I've also played with the mouse settings under both system preferences and "Logitech control center".

Has anyone here had the same type of problem or have advice? Another thought I'm having is that it may just be an adjustment that I have to make.

Any advice would be helpful, thanks!

kdm0505

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 5, 2014
found this thread from awhile ago:

https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/453176/

"Yes, the tracking algorithm is different. The curve is much more pronounced on a Mac...slower movements are slowed down more and faster movements are sped up more, whereas Windows is more towards the center."

This is exactly what I am feeling, I guess it will just take a little time to get adjusted.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.