Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

aPple nErd

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Feb 12, 2012
Jailbreaks/IOS Hacks
So my uverse will not go the the forums. I was on here the other night downloading some icons from a thread, and then it would no longer work. Now i get the "safari cannot open page because the page located isnt responding"... I tried multiple devices and multiple browsers. This week has been nothing but internet trouble for me. I have the crappy motorola nvg510 router. Any suggestions? Im tired of having to use macrumors on lte only on my iphone...

arn

macrumors god
Staff member
Apr 9, 2001
So my uverse will not go the the forums. I was on here the other night downloading some icons from a thread, and then it would no longer work. Now i get the "safari cannot open page because the page located isnt responding"... I tried multiple devices and multiple browsers. This week has been nothing but internet trouble for me. I have the crappy motorola nvg510 router. Any suggestions? Im tired of having to use macrumors on lte only on my iphone...

maybe your IP got blocked for some reason?

Email me your ip address:

arn@normalkid.com

arn

Jessica Lares

macrumors G3
Oct 31, 2009
Near Dallas, Texas, USA
Have you reset the router? You might want to look at the back of the box for the admin password and IP address and do so.

Also good to connect to the wifi on your phone and see if it's giving you different IPs whenever you reconnect. (A sign it needs a reset)

I usually go on the 24/7 live chat support (you need a copy of a bill to verify yourself), and get issues sorted out there. They can do a quick connection test on their end and see if you need to have someone come out to fix your setup or replace the router.

FloatingBones

macrumors 65816
Jul 19, 2006
I recommend the VPN service ProXPN to get a data point on what's happening. Their free service will allow you to see if the ISP is monkeying with the MR traffic. All of your traffic will be opaque to your ISP.

IMO, you can trust ProXPN. Steve Gibson has reviewed on Episode 400 of his Security Now! podcast (transcript here). I use their free service to get around some obnoxious ISP filtering (hello Panera Bread) and may subscribe to their pro service someday.

Note: it is possible that the ISPs could block VPNs. I haven't ever seen it happen, but it may some day. :rolleyes:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.