Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

JPChicago

macrumors regular
Nov 9, 2012
Chicago
never heard of flex before. what kind of tweaks/options can you do?
it says up to ios 6.0. but we're in 6.1.. does it matter?

TheMacBookPro

macrumors 68020
May 9, 2008
Clearly you can't differentiate between threads that are meant for a meaningful discussion vs threads that are asking a straightforward question.

OP asked a question. It was answered. OP confirms that answer solved his problem. Only then does someone ask about OP's intentions.

Yeah, I don't think OP's ability to get an answer was interrupted by someone asking a simple question after the issue was resolved.

OP has not given any indication that the question was prying. Still, your concern for his privacy is admirable :rolleyes:

DDustiNN

macrumors 68020
Jan 27, 2011
OP asked a question. It was answered. OP confirms that answer solved his problem. Only then does someone ask about OP's intentions.

Yeah, I don't think OP's ability to get an answer was interrupted by someone asking a simple question after the issue was resolved.

OP has not given any indication that the question was prying. Still, your concern for his privacy is admirable :rolleyes:

You're fighting an uphill battle against a sea of smug, haha. People like him are better than us and cannot be reasoned with. It's best to just let him have his fun until his mommy says it's bedtime. :cool:

And on a more interesting note, we've even learned that flex does not work with biteSMS, so thanks to JBryan for that. I've actually never heard of this tweak until today, but it looks like it does a whole bunch of things, so I think I'm off to check it out now :D

bun.bhay

macrumors member
Dec 6, 2011
Seatown
I figured it out on my own. No the patch does not work for BiteSMS. I just requested the feature/patch be made for BiteSMS on Reddit so hopefully someone makes it soon.

using bitesms with flex. just did a test with another iphone user, imessage turned on on both ends. seems like it works. the user sees the text that was sent but not the three dots inside the bubble.

Braxton hicks

macrumors newbie
Sep 10, 2013
Hi. New here. What is Flex and how do I get it? Is it an app I can get at the AppStore? Or can it be downloaded somewhere. I'm not super savvy but I believe I NEED it.

BumpyFlatline

macrumors 68030
Apr 11, 2012
Hi. New here. What is Flex and how do I get it? Is it an app I can get at the AppStore? Or can it be downloaded somewhere. I'm not super savvy but I believe I NEED it.

Its not in the App Store. You need to jailbreak your device which will install an app called Cydia. You install Flex from there.

iphoneServer

macrumors newbie
Jul 14, 2014
iPhone Message Bubble Glitch:

Sometimes due to the iPhones internal capabilities, the iPhone iMessage bubble will show up if the person who is supposedly "typing" let the phone go black while the typing keyboard is still up. This may cause the iMessage bubble to be shown up even if the person is not typing, this glitch should be patched in the upcoming iOs 8.1 software update coming out in November. We apologize for any inconvenience this has caused and we will hopefully fix it soon!

pdaholic

macrumors 68000
Jun 22, 2011
Sometimes due to the iPhones internal capabilities, the iPhone iMessage bubble will show up if the person who is supposedly "typing" let the phone go black while the typing keyboard is still up. This may cause the iMessage bubble to be shown up even if the person is not typing, this glitch should be patched in the upcoming iOs 8.1 software update coming out in November. We apologize for any inconvenience this has caused and we will hopefully fix it soon!

Holy apparitions, this thread has been brought back from the grave!

Thankfully it will be fixed in 8.1. Wait...8.0 isn't even out yet. Are you saying you are working on 8.1? As in you are one of the operating system engineers at Apple? If so, can you guys STOP WRECKING OUR JAILBREAKS! Thanks, and looking forward to 8.x.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.