Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > News and Article Discussion > Mac Blog Discussion

Old Jul 15, 2014, 11:58 AM   #26
bedifferent
macrumors Demi-God

I just don't understand. .Mac back in the day [seemed to] work very well. I didn't mind dishing out the $99/year, it offered a lot for that time. With Apple pushing more iCloud dependence, you'd believe this would have ended with the MobileMe fiasco in 2008.

I hope these flakey issues are the result of many changes yet to come (full iCloud Drive use, improved Windows iCloud functionality, etc.).
Old Jul 16, 2014, 12:50 PM   #27
Th3taJ
macrumors member

ally glad I haven't experienced these outage...I'm way too reliant on my iCloud!
Th3taJ is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 16, 2014, 08:02 PM   #28
AxoNeuron
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by PocketSand11 View Post
Darn, I was hoping they'd fixed this after MobileMe was discontinued.
I can always tell if someone had used MobileMe or not based on comments like this. If you had ever used MobileMe and now use iCloud mail, you would know that iCloud mail is WORLDS better. Even Gmail has similar problems like this, even though they have many years more experience than Apple does serving massive volumes of email. I would say Apple has done a pretty fine job.
Old Jul 17, 2014, 12:02 AM   #29
PocketSand11
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by AxoNeuron View Post
I can always tell if someone had used MobileMe or not based on comments like this. If you had ever used MobileMe and now use iCloud mail, you would know that iCloud mail is WORLDS better. Even Gmail has similar problems like this, even though they have many years more experience than Apple does serving massive volumes of email. I would say Apple has done a pretty fine job.
I know iCloud is a lot better than MobileMe (I have used both), but it's still not as reliable as it should be. Gmail is more reliable, unless you count the annoying thing where third-party mail clients can't log in for unexplained reasons. AOL has also been more reliable for me. I know their site sucks, but it doesn't matter because I just put the IMAP server into Mail.

----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by bedifferent View Post
I just don't understand. .Mac back in the day [seemed to] work very well. I didn't mind dishing out the $99/year, it offered a lot for that time. With Apple pushing more iCloud dependence, you'd believe this would have ended with the MobileMe fiasco in 2008.

I hope these flakey issues are the result of many changes yet to come (full iCloud Drive use, improved Windows iCloud functionality, etc.).
Eh, a bunch of times when I tried to email my friend with his .Mac address, I got error messages returned.
Fun fact: iPhone 5 aspect ratio = 640/1136 ≈ .5634. 9/16 = .5625. 639/1136 = .5625. Its screen is exactly one pixel too wide to be 9:16.
PocketSand11 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 29, 2014, 01:34 AM   #30
Lancer
macrumors 68000

I know this story was from 2 weeks ago but I've had no iCould email service for the past 2 days, today is July 29. Nothing much is being said about it, is it a wide spread problem?
Old Aug 3, 2014, 09:03 AM   #31
icarus2006
macrumors newbie

iCloud Mail still down for weeks, 3rd Aug

A few weeks ago my iCloud account stopped allowing access to Mail. All other parts work fine and I can login without any problem. But Mail started reporting a problem, and still hasn't been fixed, although this article seems to say it has been.

Where can I report this error?

I've already reported it via Apple Bugs
icarus2006 is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > News and Article Discussion > Mac Blog Discussion