Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ArtOfWarfare

macrumors G3
Nov 26, 2007
I work at IBM... I wonder if there's a new team being formed that I can sign up to join on W3...

Edit: Also, is that IBM's campus or Apple's? It reminds me of IBM's RTP campus.

sw1tcher

macrumors 603
Jan 6, 2004
So....IBM needed a partnership with Apple to develop business apps that run on iOS?

Seems like it's the other way around to me.

Apple needs IBM to get into the enterprise market, to further grow iPad and iPhone sales, and provide Cloud solutions and services.

Zxxv

macrumors 68040
Nov 13, 2011
UK
Next months news....

Front page macrumours.

Apple says Siri has requested a transgender op. Says she doesn't feel she is a lady (bill burr voice).

Apple says the op will go ahead as it respects all LGBT. Siri will under go a period of adjustment and preparation and from now on would like to be called Watson.

And on forums users report Siri I mean Watson actually knows what the **** your talking about.

UKgaryb

macrumors regular
Dec 13, 2013
Manchester, UK
Next months news....

Front page macrumours.

Apple says Siri has requested a transgender op. Says she doesn't feel she is a lady (bill burr voice).

Apple says the op will go ahead as it respects all LGBT. Siri will under go a period of adjustment and preparation and from now on would like to be called Watson.

And on forums users report Siri I mean Watson actually knows what the **** your talking about.

Erm, Siri is a man in the uk??

brendu

Cancelled
Apr 23, 2009
Tim Cook spent 10 years at IBM before he came to Apple, so this is a very strategic and smart partnership for the two companies. Apple and IBM will revolutionize enterprise computing the same way that they revolutionized personal computing.

I thought he came to apple from compaq.

Edit: we're both right. He spent 12 years at IBM before a short stint at compaq before apple.

MacVault

macrumors 65816
Jun 10, 2002
Planet Earth
"..kindred spirits.." HAAAAAAAA LMAO! This move seems so un-apple to me. Steve Jobs was a control freek and Apple has the money to go it alone. WTH would they partner, not to mention with IBM????

GeneralChang

macrumors 68000
Dec 2, 2013
The last time they teamed up we got the G5, so I’m mostly okay with this. Here’s hoping we don’t end up with iPads you can fry an egg on.

Rogifan

macrumors Penryn
Nov 14, 2011
For those wondering if IBM is still relevant, they're #23 on the Fortune 500 (with annual sales of ~$100B) which is higher than Microsoft or Google, and their market cap is $190B. It's amazing to me how many people think relevance in tech is selling shiny gadgets.

brendu

Cancelled
Apr 23, 2009
I would like Apple take on a partnership with Microsoft to take on Google and make them irreverent.

Yesterday I started using Bing instead of Google and I like it a lot. And I changed my e-mail from Gmail to Outlook.com. Not as good, but it get's the job done and I don't have to worry about Google having all my info.

Good bye Google!

I'm no fan of googles business model and don't use any of their services except search but they do provide excellent services to customers and are researching some very cool projects that are good for mankind. Wishing them to go out of business is ridiculous. Also, how exactly do you want to see apple and Microsoft go into business together when they are direct competitors?

Alumeenium

macrumors regular
May 15, 2013
oh no not Big Blue again ... :confused:

wait you mean the incremental updates

and the bait and switch stock maneuvers

aren't enough to bump profit and shareholder value ?

no one in enterprise cares about iWatches or Consumer Toys

those that do already are saturated with iProducts

bad move after bad move after bad move :mad:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.