Go Back   MacRumors Forums > News and Article Discussion > MacRumors.com News Discussion

Old Jul 15, 2014, 06:05 PM   #26
unibility
macrumors regular

It's not even out yet and it's already already more than half off.
unibility is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 15, 2014, 06:39 PM   #27
SMIDG3T
macrumors 68000

Quote:
Originally Posted by cocky jeremy View Post
Oh really? Glad to know that Tim Cook is on MacRumors.
Yes, really.

MacBook Pro w/ Retina display | Late 2013 Model | OS X Yosemite 10.10.1
SMIDG3T is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 15, 2014, 07:12 PM   #28
jonnysods
macrumors 68030

This is a huge gamble.
jonnysods is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 15, 2014, 09:22 PM   #29
aloshka
macrumors 6502a

Sometimes I really think Apple reads macrumors. Sometimes laughs, sometimes investigates real leaks.
Old Jul 16, 2014, 01:03 AM   #30
lotzosushi
macrumors 6502

Real or not, Spigen makes amazing screen protectors. I always get their protectors for all my iDevices
Old Jul 16, 2014, 02:28 AM   #31
Ries
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by keysofanxiety View Post
Yep, and on every occasion I can remember, they've failed miserably. I like to think Apple change the shape the day before production, just to put these guys out of business.
They would properly still make money. I would guess they do it to get the sale now without competition. They calculated even if they would be wrong, they will have a profit on sending a replacement.
Ries is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 16, 2014, 05:07 AM   #32
Piggie
macrumors 603

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisCW11 View Post
It would be amazing if all the "leaked" content was for some shadow product that was designed to hide the real design of the iPhone 6.

Unfortunately I think the reality is the new cases will fit the new iPhone 6 like a glove.
You are making the assumption that Apple have not orchestrated some of these leaks to keep up public excitement and interest.

Do you really think Apple would prefer ZERO leaks and news so that there was nothing to keep Apple forums talking about and interested in, in the run up to the launch of a new product.

Samsung and others would be showing off their new items to the public on and off the internet and Apple would be stone dead, with zero going on till the day of the reveal.

Do you really think Apple would want that?
Old Jul 16, 2014, 05:53 AM   #33
Tech198
macrumors 601

There must be some really far fetched users out there who would even take this up, when i bet half of the cases may not even fit exactly, or they would want their money back because, the cases did not promise as expected.

Serves users right to "jump the gun"

No-one knows but Apple..... no matter what any article/rumor says.. There is no way any rumor can be accurate.... only "more accurate than the other guy"

Its like a race to the finish line...

"I'm in front.... no...i'm in front.....no your not .... you mean you were"
Old Jul 16, 2014, 08:17 AM   #34
Dwalls90
macrumors 68040

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enabledobject View Post
There will be no 4.7 iphone this year. Only 5.5" phone will be made. Everything else is vapor ware.
I agree.

This is when we had rumors of a larger display the year the 4S was coming out, which turned out to be the 5 which we didn't get until the following year.
Old Jul 16, 2014, 08:41 AM   #35
Steve121178
macrumors 68020

Quote:
Originally Posted by keysofanxiety View Post
Yep, and on every occasion I can remember, they've failed miserably. I like to think Apple change the shape the day before production, just to put these guys out of business.
Why would they want to put them out of business? I don't like third party cases but these companies produce every possible configuration available which makes the product (iPhone/iPad) more viable to customers thanks to added versatility and personalisation.

Just look at all the 3rd party stuff for the iPad...
Old Jul 16, 2014, 09:58 AM   #36
Th3taJ
macrumors member

Wait...so they just design a case based on leaked photos of the iPhone 6?

Sounds like way of failure to me.
Th3taJ is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 16, 2014, 10:17 AM   #37
stevejobz
macrumors member

Companies put up images and dimensions real or not just to get publicity and pre orders or sometimes they don't put images at all. There is a reason for this and that is they make fake sales to boost up their ranks on Amazon. Go ahead and check out Spigens iPhone 6 cases it already has reviews! How is this even possible?
stevejobz is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 16, 2014, 03:44 PM   #38
phobium
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Th3taJ View Post
Wait...so they just design a case based on leaked photos of the iPhone 6?

Sounds like way of failure to me.
Spigen's marketing model is about releasing these product listings around concept designs with no cases actually manufactured to get sites like this to show them off. Then once the final mold and specs are released they update the concept photo then actually start making the cases.
phobium is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 16, 2014, 03:49 PM   #39
Th3taJ
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by phobium View Post
Spigen's marketing model is about releasing these product listings around concept designs with no cases actually manufactured to get sites like this to show them off. Then once the final mold and specs are released they update the concept photo then actually start making the cases.
Huh...interesting. I really don't know enough about business models to understand the system but hey if it works for them than more power to them!
Old Aug 2, 2014, 10:20 PM   #40
ialtaras
macrumors newbie

iPhone 6 case

Here's another iphone 6 case that shows the phone details http://bit.ly/iphone-6-case
ialtaras is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > News and Article Discussion > MacRumors.com News Discussion