Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

stringbeanie

macrumors 6502
Aug 25, 2008
Southern California
I'm not a flamethrower but I really don't understand why backlight bleeding would ever be an issue in regular use of an iPad. I've done the backlight bleed test on previous iPads and found the "issue" and then promptly forgot about it because it never was an issue in any application that I actually used. Apple never said they sell perfection. There is no such thing. I wish everyone would stop trying to find problems that aren't significant and just enjoy the iPad.
Btw, not a fan-gal (my phone is an android).

Robster3

macrumors 68000
Dec 13, 2012
I'm not a flamethrower but I really don't understand why backlight bleeding would ever be an issue in regular use of an iPad. I've done the backlight bleed test on previous iPads and found the "issue" and then promptly forgot about it because it never was an issue in any application that I actually used. Apple never said they sell perfection. There is no such thing. I wish everyone would stop trying to find problems that aren't significant and just enjoy the iPad.

Very annoying if you watch tv/movies on it.

Lucille Carter

Suspended
Jul 3, 2013
This is my second iPad Air. The first one had the Yellow to blue/pink display issue. I'm going to an Apple Store tomorrow, but I'm tired of going there to change their products

They say that they sell us perfection, but they don't

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1bk_sxdUdJY

YOU NEED TO STAY OUT OF DARK CLOSETS!

Apple in no way says it's products are perfect. Nothing is perfect.

From what I can see in your poor video, your device is quite normal.

Sorry but your thinking will never allow you to enjoy your device and other things in life.

You need to relax and try to enjoy your new Air.

RossMc

macrumors 65816
Apr 30, 2010
Newcastle, UK
I had it on my iPad 2 it wasn't just a little bit though it was bad it covered most of the black bars top and bottom when watching video. I watch a lot lf TV shows/Movies on my iPad at night so swapped it out and the replacement was fine.

Got my Air and it has no display issues :)

NeoiPad

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 2, 2013

Viewing YouTube videos at night is very annoying

Mak47

macrumors 6502a
Mar 27, 2011
Harrisburg, PA

It's not an issue in any way shape or form. All LCD displays exhibit this to varying degrees. It's not a defect, it's not a problem, it's not a quality control issue.

The people crying about it are just looking for problems for the sake of finding problems. It can only be seen when you crank up the brightness and look at a black screen--which you will never do during actual use. Could it potentially be seen in the black space around a video? Maybe, if the brightness is high. Does it actually pose a problem? No. The video that is being played back will look perfect.

Every time I see the threads about these "Issues" I think of the scene from the movie Clerks, where the crazy guy comes in and tries to find the perfect dozen eggs.

dantay

macrumors 6502
May 11, 2006
UK
It's not an issue in any way shape or form. All LCD displays exhibit this to varying degrees. It's not a defect, it's not a problem, it's not a quality control issue.

The people crying about it are just looking for problems for the sake of finding problems. It can only be seen when you crank up the brightness and look at a black screen--which you will never do during actual use. Could it potentially be seen in the black space around a video? Maybe, if the brightness is high. Does it actually pose a problem? No. The video that is being played back will look perfect.

Every time I see the threads about these "Issues" I think of the scene from the movie Clerks, where the crazy guy comes in and tries to find the perfect dozen eggs.

Backlight bleed is an extremely common issue on edge-lit lcd screens, however if you are willing to put in the effort with exchanges you can get ones that do not have it. I exchanged multiple 27" iMacs, iPads, Nexus devices etc and have always managed to get screens with no bleed.

robpercival

macrumors newbie
Jul 16, 2014
New Ipad Air - Strange Light

Just got my new iPad Air and is in perfect condition apart from 1 small defect (see pic) is this normal or another warrenty job??? Cheers

http://i57.tinypic.com/2wgw011.jpg

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.