Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

robo456

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 3, 2008
New Jersey
Hi guys...

I'm looking into switching over from a Droid Razr MAXX that has been slowing down to the point of being unusable (tried factory reload and everything) to a new iPhone when the 6 series comes out in September.

I've been doing alot of research on different elements that are important to me such as multiple Google calendar syncs (my wife and I both have a personal calendar that we can view), camera apps, and a few music apps.

There's one thing I can't see to find anywhere. I know you can make custom ringtones, but my question is can you specify a particular ringtone for someone in your contact list? or is it just ONE ringtone for everyone?

And to take that a step further, can you assign a different notification sound for a person in the contact list? For example, I have a ham radio buddy, so when he shoots me a text on my Droid, it beeps out his callsign in morse code, or like when my wife texts me it plays a clip of Worf from Star Trek. (heh, we went thru a next generation phase... "Captain... incoming message.")

Thanks very much for any info!!

--rob

robo456

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 3, 2008
New Jersey
Thanks so much!!

--rob

**EDIT**

Oh, thought of one last thing. On my Droid there is "Smart Actions", one that I am using is for the speaker volume. At 10pm, it shuts off all ringers and notification tones, UNLESS it's a call or text from a particular person (or group) from my contacts... does the iPhone have similar functionality?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.