Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

technano11

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 13, 2013
I bought this used black Macbook in very good condition. It looks totally brand new. Now that I'm in a little short of cash, I'm thinking of selling it away. Also, given the fact that it's an pretty old machine. It might just die anytime, beyond repair etc. now that there's still value for it, should I let go?

Altemose

macrumors G3
Mar 26, 2013
Elkton, Maryland
I bought this used black Macbook in very good condition. It looks totally brand new. Now that I'm in a little short of cash, I'm thinking of selling it away. Also, given the fact that it's an pretty old machine. It might just die anytime, beyond repair etc. now that there's still value for it, should I let go?

If you need the cash then there is no question.

g.t. rags

macrumors 6502
Nov 25, 2010
Long Island

If what your saying is true that it's in "like new" condition, I highly doubt it's just going to die out of nowhere...

Aperturexs

macrumors newbie
Apr 30, 2014
I still have my Black MacBook. You have three options here: Repurpose it, Sell it, or just keep it as a collectible. My BlackBook is still going strong as my main portable machine, so I see no reason why you shouldn't be able to repurpose it as a jukebox or Netflix console either! Either way go with what you need, be it cash or nostalgia!

DmbShn41

macrumors 6502
Jun 22, 2009
I had a BlackBook recently. Was good working condition, showed some wear. Installed SSD and upgraded RAM. Was able to fetch $250 on eBay. Depending on which year of BlackBook, you may be able to get upwards of $300-350 for the last model, 2.4Ghz I believe.

DmbShn41

macrumors 6502
Jun 22, 2009
Aloha D,

Would love to do that to mine but I cannot do it myself.

Any suggestions as to where I could send it to get it done?

TIA (thanks in advance)
{'-'}

Aloha to you,
It's not the most difficult thing in the world to do. There are plenty of DIY sites that explain this is such great detail. iFixIt is my preference. Check them out. Also, if I remember correctly, should be able to remove battery, remove an 'L' bracket, and pull hard drive/bracket assembly out. 4 screws, place SSD on bracket, 4 screws to hold it down, slide it back in, and install Mac OS X. Obviously back up before any of this. Look into it and read thoroughly before proceeding. Save yourself a few bucks!

Big Ron

macrumors 6502
Dec 7, 2012
United Kingdom
I agree with all thats been said regarding SSD upgrades, the biggest thing to catch you out could be the T6 screws. My advice is that you heed YouTube advice and make sure you have all the screwdrivers etc before you start.:cool:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.