Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mmomega

macrumors demi-god
Dec 30, 2009
DFW, TX
I've just been a Guinness drinker for a little over 10 years. Love it and I haven't really searched for anything else.
GuinnessPint.jpg

Destroysall

macrumors 65816
Feb 28, 2012
United States
I hate this beer !
It never settles well and makes me want to toss my cookies. My wife loves the stuff -.-
Try Sam Adams' alternative Irish Red, you might like it better. It's got more of a roasted malt sweetness and the hops are pretty earthy. It's a lot different to Killian's in that its much more full bodied I feel. I actually haven't sipped a Killian's since trying the Irish Red. :)

MacRy

macrumors 601
Apr 2, 2004
England
Gluten free loveliness.
14564700520_38aa26cf33_b.jpg

I hate having Coeliac disease but this makes it a bit more bearable :)

zyr123

macrumors 6502
May 31, 2009
Picture of Your Beer!

My sisters bringing me back multiple bottles of jems 8-8. from israel.

Last edited:

Destroysall

macrumors 65816
Feb 28, 2012
United States
Had the Oatmeal Stout the other day; so delicious! :9

de_1054_lg.jpg

I've just been a Guinness drinker for a little over 10 years. Love it and I haven't really searched for anything else.
Forgive me; I've tried time after time to enjoy a Guinness but I can't bring myself to no matter how many times I taste it. It just smells so weird and the taste, while creamy, was so bland. It had no flavor and was a bit too smooth.

----------

Needed some interesting beer bottles for a photography project. So I bought these on a whim. When it's over I get to drink them and see what they are like compared to my usual larger of choice.

[url=https://farm4.staticflickr.com/3920/14846397506_cfbcb760fe_b.jpg]Image[/url]IMG_1673 by apple fanboy1, on Flickr
I've never tried the other two, but London Pride has climbed to the top for me. I can't say I'd chose it over a Boston Lager (shoot me, I know), but if I ever want a more robust beer, it's one of the beers I go to.

jeremy h

macrumors 6502
Jul 9, 2008
UK
Needed some interesting beer bottles for a photography project. So I bought these on a whim. When it's over I get to drink them and see what they are like compared to my usual larger of choice.

[url=https://farm4.staticflickr.com/3920/14846397506_cfbcb760fe_b.jpg]Image[/url]IMG_1673 by apple fanboy1, on Flickr

Golden Glory is lovely in the summer. Slight taste of peach. Was difficult to get for a while but it seems to be back in the supermarkets now. Hobgoblin I find I have to be in the mood for...

London Pride is good if you're out for a few pints and want to function (somewhat) the next day.

I tend to find anything over about 4.5 seems to require Nurofen chasers these days.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.