Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Baunders

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 18, 2014
While the above description might not be the most interesting title for a series of children's books, hopefully it has garnered enough attention to draw upon the greatest minds in the Apple support community in solving this issue.

Essentially, the issue is that whenever I try running anything graphics/Java related, my cursor immediately disappears, I lose all mouse/keyboard function, and I'm forced to hard reboot my computer (it'll stay frozen on the screen as it is when I attempt to start running something java related). Whenever I try running any flash games (both online and local), my computer will immediately freeze-up at launch, and the same thing occurs when trying to edit my java settings in preferences.

I've also had the misfortune of seeing the blue screen of death a number of times, and I'll have to hard reboot my computer 4 or 5 times for an actually successful start-up. During this period, black lines will flash on my screen once or twice or the whole screen will cut to black, which looks very, for lack of appropriate nomenclature knowledge, glitchy.

I've run diagnostics on my hard drive during start-up, reinstalled my java software numerous times, ran diagnostics on the disk, done basically all I can think of.

Anyways, if anyone has any ideas or suggestions to offer, I'd really appreciate it!

Thanks!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.