Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

007 Junior

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 15, 2013
The Netherlands
Hey Guys,

Just received an e-mail from Groupon, offering a brand new 16GB iPad Air for just €399, while the Apple Store is selling them for €479. Is this a good deal? Shall I buy it or should I wait for the release of the iPad Air 2 which can possibly be released within 2 or 3 months?

Thanks in advance for your advice!

Aniseedvan

macrumors 65816
May 14, 2012
UK
Depends who the seller is in Groupon. I've bought a couple of things through the UK groupon, and to be honest have had enough of things not being sent in the time stated, I've given up... And these were relatively cheap things like my current ip5 case...

recoil80

macrumors 68040
Jul 16, 2014
I don't think is a great deal.
You can find a refurbished iPad at the same price on Apple store. You get the 12 month warranty and they'll deliver it faster than groupon.
I think groupon is reliable, but sometimes too slow.

Nik73

macrumors regular
May 26, 2006
UK
I was going to wait for the refresh, but Amazon are selling the 16gb for £334 and the 32gb for £397. Both from sellers, but fulfilled by Amazon.
Really tempted, but figured I've waited this long so maybe should wait that extra couple of months.

Jaguarr40

macrumors regular
Jul 10, 2014
Sarasota, Florida
That is a hard decision to put on us especially in the U.S. where we don't know the cost but I would sat that is a decision you are going to have to make on your own my friend. Good luck with your choice either way.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.