Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

James Stark

macrumors newbie
Jul 19, 2014
Indiana
The screen is phenomenal! The colours are superb, and I haven't touched it with a colorimeter yet. I just knocked the blindingly bright brightness down from 70-30%.

Just stunning! Where did you pick it up at? I would love to be running this. Right now I'm running a 28" acer 1080 via HDMI. Nothing special but works for me! :apple:

lightz39

macrumors regular
Nov 30, 2012
It's got a resolution of 3440x1440, I haven't heard anything of a UHD one of 5120 × 2160 yet.

Since I'm in Ireland, I use the same power connectors as the UK so I didn't have an issue there.

It's worth noting LG are rather fussy about regional warranties, and if you import you'll be in a world of hurt. For instance someone in the UK ordered one months ago from Germany, he developed some natty backlight bleed and UK LG department wanted nothing to do with it. Forced him to ship back to the german retailer and deal with them.

So you're much better off waiting for it to come into stock in the States.

I was mistaken when I said ultra HD. What I meant was the 3440x1440 instead of 2560x1080. They do infact sell the 3440x1440 in the states. It was just a pain to find. I just ordered one. Its back ordered though so I assume I'll be waiting a while.

N19h7m4r3

macrumors 65816
Dec 15, 2012
I was mistaken when I said ultra HD. What I meant was the 3440x1440 instead of 2560x1080. They do infact sell the 3440x1440 in the states. It was just a pain to find. I just ordered one. Its back ordered though so I assume I'll be waiting a while.

Stock disappeared to the backlight bleed issues on the first revision, so if you get one now it should be in pristine condition. :D

lightz39

macrumors regular
Nov 30, 2012
Stock disappeared to the backlight bleed issues on the first revision, so if you get one now it should be in pristine condition. :D

I'm really excited. My plan is one half being my Gaming pc, the other half being my Macbook Pro retina. Both connected via synergy. So it should be like a true dual mac pc setup.

EDIT: I'm hoping the dual link up will work for that anyways.

avanmd

macrumors newbie
Jul 12, 2014
Houston, Texas
My Setup and my Macintosh SE

My Setup and my Macintosh SE, and my previous setup eight years ago

Attachments

• IMG_0465.JPG
    IMG_0465.JPG
    2.2 MB · Views: 295
  • IMG_0160.JPG
    IMG_0160.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 258
  • IMG_2501.JPG
    IMG_2501.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 252
Last edited:

=w=

macrumors 6502a
Aug 11, 2012

That is the desk!!!

Darnit.. I was getting a custom desk built and I remembered that there was a desk posted by someone on here that I LOVE, but couldn't find it for the life of me after browsing various setup threads.

Mine ended up turning out similarly anyway.

SandboxGeneral

Moderator emeritus
Sep 8, 2010
Detroit
That is the desk!!!

Darnit.. I was getting a custom desk built and I remembered that there was a desk posted by someone on here that I LOVE, but couldn't find it for the life of me after browsing various setup threads.

Mine ended up turning out similarly anyway.

Did you ever get that custom desk completed?

M0esmac

macrumors 6502a
Apr 25, 2012
UK
This is almost the exactly my setup as well (Except white A2s, and Air instead of Pro, and slightly different chair & desk style).
Parsimonious yet inviting, very nice.

How is you setup almost exactly the same as his yet almost everything is different? :D

Epikuros

macrumors member
Oct 25, 2012
How is you setup almost exactly the same as his yet almost everything is different? :D

Yeah.. rereading my post, the similarities sorta slipped away. On paper at least.

Still, the same speakers, same speaker stands, aluminium macbook on a table about the same dimensions and colour in front of a chair that's about the same that I have. It looks pretty much the same. You gotta believe me!

=w=

macrumors 6502a
Aug 11, 2012
Did you ever get that custom desk completed?

I sure did.. quite a while ago.. I think sometime last fall, maybe? I'm partially retarded when it comes to estimation and time, so it could have been a week ago for all I know.

=w=

macrumors 6502a
Aug 11, 2012
Are you going to post a pic for us to see?

I think I may have already posted this here.. because I don't know why I would block out the picture and business cards otherwise.

This is a pretty old photo. It actually doesn't really look much like this anymore, but the desk is still the desk.

DSC_0007.jpg

digitalnicotine

macrumors 65816
Jan 11, 2008
USA
My hackintosh triple boot for windows 7, OSX, and Linux Mint. Covered the monitor in first image with a chalkboard type thingy to spare you all from seeing my reflection in my Wonder Woman undies. You're welcome. :)

Attachments

• setup11.jpg
    setup11.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 286
  • walls5setup1.jpg
    walls5setup1.jpg
    568.4 KB · Views: 275

SandboxGeneral

Moderator emeritus
Sep 8, 2010
Detroit
I think I may have already posted this here.. because I don't know why I would block out the picture and business cards otherwise.

This is a pretty old photo. It actually doesn't really look much like this anymore, but the desk is still the desk.

Very nice. I especially like the sunglasses holder. :cool:

digitalnicotine

macrumors 65816
Jan 11, 2008
USA
I literally just built a Hack using the same case last week, is this the M version or just the regular one?

I used the M version and love this case. Even though cable management was a bit difficult I still managed to get everything in there.

Mine is the regular case. I would have gone with the M case had I known the "handles" on mine would be so flimsy. :)

HunterReed2

macrumors newbie
Jun 8, 2014

Are those the Swan M10 speakers? How do you like them? I have been looking for a pair for a while but haven't had any luck. Also that is a very nice looking desk.

Thanks,
Hunter

Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.