Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Facebook today introduced a new read-it-later "Save" feature that allows users to save items on Facebook to view at a later time in both the desktop version of Facebook and the Facebook app for iOS.. Users can save links, places, movies, TV shows, music, and more.

Items can be saved by tapping the small arrow in the upper right corner of any post, which also has tools for unfollowing content and removing content from the Facebook feed.

facebooksave.jpg
You can view the items you saved at any time by going to your saved items in the "More" tab on mobile or by clicking the link on the left hand side of Facebook on the web.

Your saved items list is organized by category and you can swipe right on each item to share it with your friends or move it into your archive list.
According to Facebook, users will receive reminders of saved items within their News Feeds, which makes the content easy to access.

"Save" for Facebook is rolling out to users beginning today. The Facebook app for iOS can be downloaded from the App Store for free. [Direct Link]

Article Link: Facebook Debuts New Read-It-Later 'Save' Feature for iOS and Desktop

furam90

macrumors 6502
Jun 15, 2010
Can we just let Facebook die a slow, painful death? I've already noticed a steady decline in people posting statuses and sharing/liking stuff. Or am I the only one? Its so close I can feel it. I would've deleted it by now but it's still good for getting invitations to party's/events and what not.

switcher3365

macrumors regular
Mar 5, 2008
Can we just let Facebook die a slow, painful death? I've already noticed a steady decline in people posting statuses and sharing/liking stuff. Or am I the only one? Its so close I can feel it. I would've deleted it by now but it's still good for getting invitations to party's/events and what not.

I don't know if Facebook is dying, but I do notice that many of my friends are posting less and less. And yes, I have Facebook set up to view ALL updates (minus games) from a segment of people in my friends list.

However, I think these people are spending less time using (or at least posting) to social media in general rather than switching to another service.

metfuel

macrumors member
Feb 13, 2002
Yeah I am going to want Facebook collecting information on all of the stuff that I am saving to read later. No thanks I will stick to Instapaper or Pinboard.

Not usually the paranoid tinfoil hat kind, however when it comes to Google and Facebook give them as little as possible when it comes to being able to target you with ads.

PocketSand11

macrumors 6502a
Jun 12, 2014
~/

So I'm not the only one seeing this! I visit Facebook sometimes just for a group that I'm in, and it's really barren now. My account used to get tons of notifications from people posting junk. People aren't using it anymore. Looks like the social networking rush is over for now.

----------

Not usually the paranoid tinfoil hat kind, however when it comes to Google and Facebook give them as little as possible when it comes to being able to target you with ads.

Uh, I just block the ads and don't worry about it :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.