Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

neilmacd

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 18, 2010
UK
When did that happen?

Currently binge watching The Office and a new 'up next' interface popped up, been wanting to see this implemented for a long time!

Certainly snuck in under the radar.

Last edited:

DJMeat

macrumors newbie
Nov 20, 2013
London
I wondered that too. Got a DNS that's pointing my Apple TV to US Netflix, binging on Lost, when suddenly my workload was reduced considerably.

No longer do I need to move unnecessarily to carry on watching TV!

astopy

macrumors newbie
Jun 16, 2007
UK
It's great that they've added this, but does anyone else find that it always starts the next episode a few seconds too early? It starts the 15 second countdown when there's about 20 seconds left.

2010mini

macrumors 601
Jun 19, 2013
Apple TV seems to be getting a lot of attention lately. Could it be because they don't want the current one to be grossly outdated when a new one comes out?

campyguy

macrumors 68040
Mar 21, 2014
It's great that they've added this, but does anyone else find that it always starts the next episode a few seconds too early? It starts the 15 second countdown when there's about 20 seconds left.

I'd disabled this playback option in my account's preferences some time ago, as an update to the Tivo Roamio app started playing early. I checked my ATV and found there is no "automatic playback of the next episode" option at the end of an episode - which is just the way I like it as I found it pretty annoying on my Tivo.

barkomatic

macrumors 601
Aug 8, 2008
Manhattan

I was binge watching today and saw this for the first time as well. The problem is it started the next episode about 8 minutes before the current one was finished. Not good.

JackieInCo

Suspended
Jul 18, 2013
Colorado
I noticed when I use the Netflix app built into my TV that I have had the up next option since buying the TV a week ago.

My Apple TV 2 is running 5.3 and when using its Netflix app, I don't have the next up option showing.

betman

macrumors 6502
Jan 15, 2013
How exactly do I set Netflix (on Apple TV) to automatically kick-start the next episode?

bushido

Suspended
Mar 26, 2008
Germany
i think they removed it again, i had it for one night but since yesterday no more. it was buggy anyway cuz it cut off way to early before the ep was even over

2010mini

macrumors 601
Jun 19, 2013
i think they removed it again, i had it for one night but since yesterday no more. it was buggy anyway cuz it cut off way to early before the ep was even over

I called Netflix support. They told me to unplug the ATV power cable, wait a couple seconds and reconnect it. Post play started working after that.

betman

macrumors 6502
Jan 15, 2013
Didn't know that Netflix could change app settings without any update from our end. Then again this isn't like an iPhone/iPad where updates for apps appear...

On a side note, my subtitles went from yellow to white yesterday, not sure if this is another change done behind the scenes... :)

hallux

macrumors 68040
Apr 25, 2012
Post-play is being a little funky for me. Earlier this week I watched 2 episodes of a show, then it wanted to start the next episode but it wanted to start before the show ended. Last night, I watched 2 more episodes of the same show, got no auto-start, but when I went an watched another show, it wanted to auto-start the next episode of THAT one.

2010mini

macrumors 601
Jun 19, 2013
Post-play is being a little funky for me. Earlier this week I watched 2 episodes of a show, then it wanted to start the next episode but it wanted to start before the show ended. Last night, I watched 2 more episodes of the same show, got no auto-start, but when I went an watched another show, it wanted to auto-start the next episode of THAT one.

Unplug your Apple TV for a couple seconds, then reconnect it. Should solve the issue according to Netflix.

iamangeln

macrumors regular
Jul 10, 2013
i just noticed this yesterday, the first time i actually clicked "play next episode" it worked but the audio/video was out of sync. i hit menu and play again and it worked. only bug i encountered. i love this feature, been waiting on it for a while

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.