Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jvaska

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 18, 2002
"The Text-to-Type option in Messages now displays spoken text in real time rather than waiting for an entire message to be complete before displaying text. "

For the life of me, I can't enable this. I can't find the setting in Settings > Messages or elsewhere.

Anybody have this same problem?

AZhappyjack

macrumors G3
Jul 3, 2011
Happy Jack, AZ
"The Text-to-Type option in Messages now displays spoken text in real time rather than waiting for an entire message to be complete before displaying text. "

For the life of me, I can't enable this. I can't find the setting in Settings > Messages or elsewhere.

I don't think there is a setting to enable it. It just works for me and I didn't turn anything "on".

Armen

macrumors 604
Apr 30, 2013
Los Angeles

Are you referring to how the mic input displays what you are saying as you say it rather than saying a sentence and then waiting for the words to appear?

arn

macrumors god
Staff member
Apr 9, 2001

Maybe it's limited to certain devices? What iOS device are you using?

arn

Armen

macrumors 604
Apr 30, 2013
Los Angeles
Apple needs to update the description to:

"When using voice dictation the words you speak now appear in real time".

jvaska

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 18, 2002
Great call Armen!

I did not have Siri enabled.

Mark thread resolved...haha... ;)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.