Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Freshmen

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 9, 2011
Los Angeles
Yep. Just the other day, some guy in jeans and a black turtleneck busted my door down, held a gun to my head and made me buy a MBA.

Damn, son, what are you smoking? Nobody is forcing anything on anyone.

If I were you, I’d get my tin foil hat and go watch for the black helicopters. SMH.

lmao you guys are misreading that. If you wanna buy a apple laptop rn you only have 2 choices, the pro or the air, before you had 3, the pro, normal macbook, and the pro. When i said that i mean theyre forcing people to either get the pro or the air, you don't have that third choice anymore

but somebody in here broke down why they ended the macbook

gnasher729

Suspended
Nov 25, 2005
Yes they are dude, they forced people to ditch the MB and get the MBA

You are so right. One night, I was peacefully sitting at home, there was a loud knock on the door. Then three Apple thugs came storming in, they took my MacBook away and dropped an MBA instead. They absolutely forced me :p

Freshmen

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 9, 2011
Los Angeles
You are so right. One night, I was peacefully sitting at home, there was a loud knock on the door. Then three Apple thugs came storming in, they took my MacBook away and dropped an MBA instead. They absolutely forced me :p

lol come on guys cut the lame sarcasm, you know what i mean

Newtons Apple

Suspended
Mar 12, 2014
Jacksonville, Florida

Apple did not force anyone to do anything! YOU make the choices for yourself!

Some of you just got to blame others rather than taking control over their own destiny. Not sure if it is the liberal schooling of what but what you get out of life is up to you and not someone elses responsibility!:rolleyes:

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009
before you had 3, the pro, normal macbook, and the pro.
You realized you just counted the Pro twice, so by your reckoning you had only two choices before the MBA.

The bottom line is if you don't like the line up, no one is forcing you to buy it, unlike what your title states. You have a choice of a "pro" laptop that comes in 13" or 15" sizes, or the very portable and relatively inexpensive price point MBA which comes in 11" or 13" sizes.

If you wanted a the MacBook back, but price point would you want it to be, what configuration would it have, that would not cannibalize the sales of the lines?

Simply put there's no room in apple's line up for a different computer line, they overlap quite a bit as it stands, just look at the 13" MBA/MBP. Can you imagine if apple rolled out another 13" laptop what would be the draw for that?

Don't forget computer sales have been declining by and large, so apple shouldn't be creating more computer models on a sector that is showing shrinkage..

gmanist1000

macrumors 68030
Sep 22, 2009

Yup they literally came to your house, put you in a chokehold until you sold your MacBook, and purchased the MacBook Air. Then they left your house.

MarkCollette

macrumors 68000
Mar 6, 2003
Toronto, Canada
The most painful part of this thread was everyone "proving" that no one is forced to buy a laptop. Ugh.

The most useful part of this thread were the people explaining how it was the MBP, not the MBA that killed the MB. Thanks.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.