Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

adammusic

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 6, 2007
on 10.7.5.

Seasonpass is not working. Somebody posted a fix on seasonpass's forum. But i have no clue what it means or how to do it. Anybody have an easier fix for this? Unable to jailbreak. This is the supposed fix (can somebody simply this) : I've done a little debugging and found the reason for my "Filesystem patches failed!!" problem. According to SP_Debug.log, the step that fails is:

2013-02-13 18:12:58.820 dbHelper[10860:707] extracting evasi0n.tgz to /Volumes/Brighton10B144b.K66OS
2013-02-13 18:12:58.849 dbHelper[10860:707] tar fxpz /Users/apena/tmp/Seas0nPass.app/Contents/Resources/bundles/AppleTV2,1_5.2_10B144b.bundle/evasi0n.tgz -C /Volumes/Brighton10B144b.K66OS
2013-02-13 18:12:59.701 dbHelper[10860:707] returnStatus: 1
2013-02-13 18:12:59.702 dbHelper[10860:707] coreFileInstallation failed!! bail!
2013-02-13 18:13:11.243 dbHelper[10860:707] FAIL!! ABORT!

So I mounted /private/tmp/tk/rw.dmg manually and tried to tar the evasi0n.tgz patch into it:

$ tar fxpz /Users/apena/tmp/Seas0nPass.app/Contents/Resources/bundles/AppleTV2,1_5.2_10B144b.bundle/evasi0n.tgz -C /Volumes/Brighton10B144b.K66OS
var/evasi0n/: Cannot extract through symlink var
var/evasi0n/amfi.dylib: Cannot extract through symlink var
var/evasi0n/evasi0n: Cannot extract through symlink var
var/lib/: Cannot extract through symlink var
var/lib/dpkg/: Cannot extract through symlink var
var/lib/dpkg/info/: Cannot extract through symlink var
var/lib/dpkg/info/com.evad3rs.evasi0n.extrainst_: Cannot extract through symlink var
var/lib/dpkg/info/com.evad3rs.evasi0n.list: Cannot extract through symlink var
var/lib/dpkg/info/com.evad3rs.evasi0n.postrm: Cannot extract through symlink var
var/lib/dpkg/info/com.evad3rs.evasi0n.prerm: Cannot extract through symlink var
tar: Error exit delayed from previous errors.

Mac-de-Alfre:tk apena$ ls -lad /Volumes/Brighton10B144b.K66OS/var
lrwxr-xr-x 1 apena staff 11 Feb 7 21:48 /Volumes/Brighton10B144b.K66OS/var -> private/var

So the problem is that /var is a symlink in the rw.dmg image. I was able to sidestep this problem by recreating the evasi0n.tgz tar file with the var directory inside private.

Idgit

macrumors 6502a
Mar 14, 2004
From the same thread over at Firecore:

First, make sure you have the file called "evasion.tgz" from here: https://dl.dropbox.com/u/72403274/evasi0n.tgz

If your OS automatically decompressed it so the file suffix is something else, download it again by right-clicking the above link and selecting "Download Linked File As." The file has to remain named as "evasion.tgz". It should not be unzipped.

Locate the SeasonPass.app and right-click on it and select "Show Package Contents." This will open a new window containing a folder called "Contents." Tunnel down through the folders "Resources" and "Bundles" until you locate the file "Appletv2,1_5.2_10B144b.bundle." Right-click on this and select "Show Package Contents." You should see a file called "evasion.tgz." Replace this file with the one you downloaded from the link provided above.

Now run SeasonPass and jailbreak your Apple TV.

dgalvan123

macrumors 6502a
Feb 16, 2008
From the same thread over at Firecore:

Thanks. This worked for me.

(Unfortunately XBMC is not yet compatible with the latest ATV OS version, so there is not much I can do with my jailbroken ATV2 at the moment.)

lonetex

macrumors newbie
Feb 23, 2013
Seasonpass : Process failed with reason: Filesystem patches failed!

Thanks for the hint Idgit.

I am still having problems after:
Step 1. Downloading "evasion.tgz" from here: https://dl.dropbox.com/u/72403274/evasi0n.tgz

Step 2. Locating SeasonPass.app and right-click on it and select "Show Package Contents."

Step 3. Open folder "Contents."

Step 4. Open folder "Resources"

Step 5. Open folder "Bundles"

Step 6. Locate the file "Appletv2,1_5.2_10B144b.bundle."

Step 7. Right-click and select "Show Package Contents."

Step 8. Delete old "evasion.tgz."

Step 9. Replace old "evasion.tgz." with new downloaded "evasion.tgz."
(from the link provided above)

Step 10. Run SeasonPass and jailbreak your Apple TV.

After Step 10, I still get the same error: "Process failed with reason: Filesystem patches failed!!"

Any ideas other than re-downloading evasion.tgz and replacing it again?

Thanks

Idgit

macrumors 6502a
Mar 14, 2004
Delete any copy of Seasonpass you currently have installed. Delete the Seasonpass folder in the Application Support folder, as well as the Tether folder in Documents folder if it's there, and the Seasonpass folder in the Cache folder.

Then download this modified copy of Seasonpass and see if it works.

Thanks for the hint Idgit.

I am still having problems after:
Step 1. Downloading "evasion.tgz" from here: https://dl.dropbox.com/u/72403274/evasi0n.tgz

Step 2. Locating SeasonPass.app and right-click on it and select "Show Package Contents."

Step 3. Open folder "Contents."

Step 4. Open folder "Resources"

Step 5. Open folder "Bundles"

Step 6. Locate the file "Appletv2,1_5.2_10B144b.bundle."

Step 7. Right-click and select "Show Package Contents."

Step 8. Delete old "evasion.tgz."

Step 9. Replace old "evasion.tgz." with new downloaded "evasion.tgz."
(from the link provided above)

Step 10. Run SeasonPass and jailbreak your Apple TV.

After Step 10, I still get the same error: "Process failed with reason: Filesystem patches failed!!"

Any ideas other than re-downloading evasion.tgz and replacing it again?

Thanks

lonetex

macrumors newbie
Feb 23, 2013
Seasonpass : Process failed with reason: Filesystem patches failed!

Thank you for your help, Idgit. Your version did look promising. The iTunes restore script was successful. However in iTunes I got a bunch of messages that it couldn't connect to the "iPhone", not "AppleTV".

Finally iTunes gave me an error, 1602. Which looks to be an Antivirus software issue. But that can't be right after the steps I have taken to remove this before running.

Any thoughts on a different trick?

lonetex

macrumors newbie
Feb 23, 2013
Never mind

Never mind. I spoke too soon. Just plugged in the ATV and we are good with the "FC" logo.

Thanks so much for your help.

Idgit

macrumors 6502a
Mar 14, 2004
The 1602 error can sometimes be a false error, as it was with your jailbreak. Glad to hear it finally worked.

Thank you for your help, Idgit. Your version did look promising. The iTunes restore script was successful. However in iTunes I got a bunch of messages that it couldn't connect to the "iPhone", not "AppleTV".

Finally iTunes gave me an error, 1602. Which looks to be an Antivirus software issue. But that can't be right after the steps I have taken to remove this before running.

Any thoughts on a different trick?

ba70816

macrumors newbie
Jan 15, 2014
Could you please repost the Seas0npass file

Hi,
I know this is an old thread but I'm having the same problem with jail breaking my AppleTV2. I tried to get the modified Seas0npass file but it says the link is invalid.
Any help would be much appreciated.
Thanks

atlasd

macrumors newbie
Jul 23, 2014
I know this is old thread but I have the same issue. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

d3vCr0w

macrumors newbie
Jan 23, 2016
Thank you! I'll give it a try

EDIT: That one is version 0.9.5, I got the message "Sorry :-( This Apple TV is not elegible for this version". I have an Apple TV 2 and I am trying to use the AppleTV2,1_5.3_10B809_Restore ipsw. BTW I have also tried version 0.9.6, 0.9.7 and 0.9.8 and I've had no luck. I'll see if I can use a Windows 7 laptop from a friend

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.