Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ginnyginny

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 14, 2011
I am using Mavericks.

I take a lot of screen shots. Is there a way to delete them in Preview or do I have to go back to my desktop and drag it to the trash?

It would be faster to just delete it in Preview.

Thanks,
Ginny

ginnyginny

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 14, 2011
Screen shots are parts of webpages

I should have said that I take screenshots of parts of web pages or parts of articles I read online. Right now I'm putting together a one page flyer about a club I belong to. I want only parts of several different pages that describe the club and it's activities.

Ginny

AcesHigh87

macrumors 6502a
Jan 11, 2009
New Brunswick, Canada
Take screens of everything you want, open them all in Preview, and just Cmnd+delete whatever ones you don't want. When you hit it either the photos selected or the current one you're looking at will be deleted. I regularly so this after bringing in all the RAW shots from my DSLR before I process them.

ginnyginny

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 14, 2011
Comm + Delete doesn't work on this none-Apple keyboard

I have a wonderful "mechanical keys" keyboard - Matis "Tactile Pro." The command + delete doesn't work to get rid of the screen shot I am viewing in Preview. Most things do work on this keyboard but I suspect not all.

AcesHigh87

macrumors 6502a
Jan 11, 2009
New Brunswick, Canada
I have a wonderful "mechanical keys" keyboard - Matis "Tactile Pro." The command + delete doesn't work to get rid of the screen shot I am viewing in Preview. Most things do work on this keyboard but I suspect not all.

Does command+delete normally function properly to delete files from within finder? The key command should be the same from within preview regardless of keyboard.

ginnyginny

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 14, 2011
Not sure what you mean "delete in finder"

I've so much to learn about this iMac. I went to Finder, opened an old Word Document (I'm a former PC user) and tried the command delete key and nothing happened. Is that what you meant?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.