Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

We've seen several different parts for the 4.7-inch iPhone 6, but parts for the larger 5.5-inch version have thus far been in short supply. Apple.club.tw [Google Translation] has shared some new images of what might be the first leaked internal parts for the 5.5-inch iPhone 6, offering up pictures of power/volume flex cables and SIM trays said to be for the device.

The two flex cables that separately house the left side volume buttons/mute switch and the top power button are similar in design to an earlier set of leaked flex cables said to be for one of the iPhone 6 models. There are, however, some design differences that suggest there are two distinct sets of flex cables designed for two different devices floating around the Asian supply chain. For example, the new set of flex cables depicts less space between the volume buttons and the mute buttons and the two flex cables for the power button have different shapes.

flexcables.jpg
iPhone 6 volume/mute flex cable on top, power button flex cable on bottom
Like the earlier cables, the flex cables in the new images resemble parts from other devices and have an Apple-style part number.

As it is difficult to determine size based on images, it is unclear which set of leaked flex cables might be designed for the 4.7-inch iPhone and which is destined for the 5.5-inch iPhone, but as both cables are different than existing parts for the iPhone 5s, iPad Air, and iPad mini, they point towards two separate devices if legitimate.

Apple.club.tw has also shared images of a longer flex cable with an unknown purpose and a set of SIM card trays in a cobalt blue color. Blue is not expected to be a color for the iPhone 6, as current rumors have pointed towards a release in the existing silver, gold, and space gray for both models, so the blue SIM trays are somewhat questionable.

simcardtrays.jpg
As we move closer to the September launch date of the iPhone 6, we expect part leaks to become more frequent. We may also see more parts designed for the larger iPhone 6 as it is expected to enter mass production in August or September. The 4.7-inch iPhone is said to have entered mass production in July.

Rumors have suggested that Apple may ship the 4.7-inch iPhone 6 ahead of the 5.5-inch iPhone 6 due to supply constraints with the latter, so it remains unclear if we will see the bigger phone at Apple's prospective iPhone 6 launch event in September.

Article Link: Possible 5.5-inch iPhone 6 Volume/Power Flex Cable and SIM Card Tray Shown in New Images

SPNarwhal

macrumors 65816
Apr 22, 2009
illinois
Blue would be great.
I'd say that colors are not very new generation apple-esque, but with their release of the 5C and even that little Macbook Air Decal commercial, maybe they're becoming more open minded?

blacktape242

macrumors 68000
Dec 17, 2010
Sacramento, CA
"As we move closer to the September launch date of the iPhone 6, we expect part leaks to become more frequent"

its almost EVERYDAY and HAS been for months..... :rolleyes:

InfoTime

macrumors 6502a
Jul 17, 2002
So I guess they're not going to have a new 4" phone to replace the 5s? At least one person mentioned to me that like the size of the current iPhone and would want anything bigger. In a couple of years you won't be able to buy a new 4" iPhone then.

53kyle

macrumors 65816
Mar 27, 2012
Sebastopol, CA
I'm hoping the blue is real. What if the leaked back covers are what they look like before getting colored? Then, they could put the color over the antenna breaks so they totally match the rest of the phone.

It would also HOPEFULLY mean that there would be other colors too...I really want red!

kerrikins

macrumors 65816
Sep 22, 2012
Hmmm... Good news for those wanting 5.5 if true, however... Blue? That doesn't seem Apple like. But I suppose Apple has done a lot of 'not Apple-like' things recently.

juanrp

macrumors 6502a
Jun 14, 2014
Florida
Maybe the blue is actually slate.

I remember that slate looked blueish under the right light and angle.

I'd be nice to have a blue option, however, it's not for me. I rather stick to a classic silver.

:D

LDN

macrumors regular
Jul 21, 2014
Erm, I think its more likely to be some kind of treatment. Come on guys.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.