Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

AdaminOz

macrumors member
Jul 10, 2014
Melbourne, Australia
Hello everyone. It's nice to be here. Anyone from London who knows Regent Street please look out for my posts because I will post a question for you. Anyone not from London interested in a weird Apple story about an Apple Store please look out also.

Jaguarr40

macrumors regular
Jul 10, 2014
Sarasota, Florida
Well I go by the name of Jaguarr40 and would prefer as in my Sig. Tag Jag for short. I just wanted to introduce myself as a die hars MacRumors Blog reader and now participant in the forums where I hope to be able to contribute and help as much as i can once everyone gets to know me.

I am a die hard Apple Idevice user owning and using as my daily driver an iPhone 5S 32GB in Space Gray. I am running 7.1.2 the same as my iPad 2 Mini Retina in WIFI only and have loved it since I put it in my hands.

I feel like I know a great deal about at least these 2 devices and if I can be of any help to anyone at any time, Please feel free to PM me or contact me if you see me in the forums. i don't know everything but if I don't I will try my hardest to find it for you without telling you to search or Google it. I never liked it when people did it to me and swore i would never so it to anyone else.

Anyway I live in Sunny hot and humid SW Florida on the Gulf Of Mexico and love to Cycle among play with tech gadgets and listen to good music. Thank you for the opportunity to post this and hope I get to know a good many of you. Take care and once again Thank you everybody!!:)

Bromio

macrumors 6502
Jun 6, 2014
Hello everyone:

As I'm an iMac user since 2009, I've read you for years, but from now I want to take part of this community in a more active way.

Thank you!

nichealmond

macrumors newbie
Jul 24, 2014
Jacob Ng Community

Hi,Im Jacob Ng New to this site.
I am here to communicate to make new friends with the members of this forum and i would like
to share my experiences with you all.

Regards:Jacob Ng

AZhappyjack

macrumors G3
Jul 3, 2011
Happy Jack, AZ
The New Kid

I’'ve been around tech for years. Previous hangouts include the AT&T forums, BlackBerryForums and a few of the Apple centric blogs.

I made the switch to Apple between 2009 and 2010, and now we're a total Apple houshold, except for my work rig, which is a Linux machine.

I am "tech support for my friends and family", and enjoy learning and sharing info about all things Apple.

Last edited:

Arcnewal

macrumors newbie
Aug 14, 2014
Essex, UK
Hi all,

Well I've been visiting this site for a good few months now, and I've really been enjoying the discussions, free info and everything else that happens on here so, here I am. Have had Macs all my life so I'm not a newbie in that area, just a newbie to Macrumors.

94E420Benz

macrumors newbie
Aug 22, 2014
New user

Hi guys,

Long time lurker here, you guys have helped me fix many issues with my mac.

Thought I'd finally register and join the discussions! :cool:

srwebseo

macrumors newbie
Aug 25, 2014
About My Self

I'm a newbie,

Hi! am Raj, working with a reputed Digital Publishing Agency. We are one of the well established digital publication solution providers. We take care of all the requirements for online publications including converting PDFs into flip book and to publish books and magazines onto a variety of devices like Tablet, iPad and iPhone and many others.

realitydroid

macrumors newbie
Sep 5, 2014
Hello everyone! My name is Devon, and I just got my first Mac three days ago.

I am excited to now be able to experience a little bit of what Mac has to offer! :D

However, it is not a new Mac or anything like that. I have a Macbook 4,1 and am running OS X Lion on it currently.

I bought it on ebay from a seller who had Leapord on it with a 160GB HDD. I used Leapord to acquire Lion and make a USB installation media for it. I then tried upgrading the ram from 2GB to 4, but was only able to successfully get 3GB as it wouldn't boot with both 2GB sticks. Had to have one of the original 1GB sticks in there. I also upgraded the HDD to 500GB with one that I pulled out of my other laptop (sold that laptop to a buddy who lives with me), and successfully installed Lion.

I also had to replace the battery as the one that it came with doesn't hold a charge (I knew this ahead of time). The top of the case also has those infamous cracks on the palm rest. I just put duct tape over them for now as I cannot afford a replacement piece for it at this particular moment, and am not sure if the Mac store up in Eugene, Oregon will fix it for free, or are even able to without sending it back to Apple.

I am currently a happy camper as Lion is useful enough for me to run an updated version of Chrome, VLC, Dropbox, and a few other applications. This is making a nice general use laptop for me.

Anywho, I hope to stick around and get to know everyone and share this experience.

P.S. Yes! That is Ubuntu 14.04 running on the other computer in the first shot. I am an avid Ubuntu, and also Windows, user. I have a belief that none of these operating systems is necessary better than the other, and that I can benefit from all three of them (hence the reason for the Mac - circle completed).

Attachments

• IMAG00055.jpg
    IMAG00055.jpg
    313.4 KB · Views: 76
  • IMAG00056.jpg
    IMAG00056.jpg
    382.4 KB · Views: 82

jojo345

macrumors newbie
Sep 13, 2014
Planet Earth
Hello

Greetings everyone! My name is Joe and i'm hailing you from my lair equipped with wifi and iPad Air goodness. I always read the MR site several times over the day, but this is the first time I have actually joined the forum part of the site.

My electronic stable includes iPhone 5S (this time next week it will be a iPhone 6+), iPad Air and Mac mini (with 27" lg monitor). I've been a loyal apple customer since 1992 after my dad passed away from cancer. When my mom got his life insurance, she got me a Mac Classic 2 (I got to pick it out) and the rest - as they say - is history. They make some pretty neat stuff. :D

Feel free to say hello sometime? I hope you are well and are having a good day!

writingstone

macrumors newbie
Sep 13, 2014
Mac Convert loving the forum

This is my first post as I have been a lurker for a while now on the forum.

Purchased my MBP last year & its FANTASTIC using Mac's hardware & software... It never crashes.

Recently upgraded to a 1TB HDD with 16Gig Ram.

My iTunes, Word & Safari have been massively helpful in organizing & reducing the clutter that was rampant in my POS Dell that crashed Weekly... good by MSFT.

I am a recovering Robotics Engineer & Financial Planner who loves the "This is usually how we do it" mindset that exists with Mac (in general), it shows that someone (mostly) intelligent thought out a plan for how things could work together.

Itunes has swelled to over 20,000 songs, a few hundred movies, lectures & thousands of voice memos.

(this could fail miserably if no one replies )

Slimmyhendrix

macrumors regular
Sep 14, 2014
MN
Just stopping in to say HI!
Long time lurker, finally joined.

Current owner Iphone 5c, Iphone 5, Apple tv3, original ipod shuffle, and a few PC laptops.

I am moving to apple household slowly but for sure.
Looking into replacing my 7YO HP 17" top of the line laptop for a 13.3" Macbook air. Wife has a 15" dell for school. Looking into a Ipad retina and also apple wifi backup HD.

Thanks for the free help over time. I have bought, fixed, and resold a few iphones to help fund new stuff.

Cant decide between an older macbook air refurb or out the $1100 for a 8g new one. Wife jealous, and wants one of her own but her laptop is only 2 yrs old.
:cool:

CharlesMartin12

macrumors newbie
Sep 20, 2014
hi

I'm new here and I just wanted to say to everybody and tell you all how excited I am to be part of this online community. Hope everyone has an awesome day.... I sound so lame but I really do hope that! It sucks to have a bad day, so I hope you have a good.

iir

macrumors newbie
Sep 3, 2014
Miami, FL
Hi everybody, my name is Ivan and i've been a lurker for quite a while now. Got into apple via a work issued mbp 17, and have been looking to replicate that level of productivity for a while now. I am currently a student studying computer vision for underwater applications, and I'm stoked to be here!

Jspiegs

macrumors member
Sep 24, 2014
Rochester, NY
hey, I'm Justin, or I go by Spiegs online. It's short for my last name. I've just been getting into forums (and have started my own) and I got the iPhone 6 the day it came out! Gonna be around here a lot!

Hoppimike

macrumors newbie
Sep 25, 2014
Kent, UK
Hi guys, just an Apple newbie saying hello!

Hi there :)

I know there isn't a specific forum section for this so I hope it's OK!

Basically I'm a long term Windows, Linux and Android user, but very recently I had a growing interest in Apple, particularly since the release of iOS 7 and the iPhone 5C.

Personally, I like a bright, colourful interface so it really appealed to me, and I wasn't enjoying Android much anymore, so I tried an iPhone and absolutely loved it!

So anyway, glad to be here!

For now I only have a 4S running iOS 7.1.2 but it's early days for me and I'll upgrade when I can :)

Looking forward to meeting you all and chatting!

Mike :)

Dex762

macrumors regular
Sep 25, 2014
Aussie
Gday

Gday Im Sam, been long time lurker on this forum for a while so i join up :D

Im from Australia, Yes i own Imac desktop 21" 2011, Ipad 3, Iphone 4s, now newer Iphone 6 it doesnt mean im biggest fan lol

i also have gaming computer as PC as well (expert of PC but not really but the software is the pain in the ass sometimes) i do build PC as well

Btw why did i buy apple for some reason?? well i have a few friends who have imac (desktop and laptop) iphone etc that caught me interested and brought desktop 21" 2011 (little over priced but worth it) and when my siblings got iphone been blah blah blah about iphone so i thought hmmmm interesting again so i got 4s, my friend saw that i got iphone 4s told me that i can plug to imac (they showing me theirs iphone to plug on imac i was surprise :eek: ) and few weeks later i brought ipad 3, so yeah over the years i have been learning so much and fall in love with apple

I have heard about iphone 6 it keep me very interesting and keep eyeing on about it so couple weeks ago i have pre order to get iphone 6 then finally got iphone 6 last friday it the first day launch (they mail out thursday night from the phone company) lol i blah blah to my siblings they are all jealous that i got iphone 6 finally lol so they are getting iphone 6 soon

macmacguy

macrumors regular
Sep 25, 2014
As a new member, I want to say hi to you all.

The only Mac product I own for the moment is an iPhone 4S, but I'm really looking forward to go further on, and to buy a laptop in the near future. I have only good thoughts about all the products.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.