Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 1, 2010
Can anyone share their experience when purchasing anything from those China websites like:

http://www.focalprice.com
http://www.dealextreme.com

I've seen people mention these websites in various forums. Im sure the quality isnt as great but under $2 for a data/sync cable? Is it worth the effort? Anyone use these websites?

parrot5

macrumors 6502
Aug 10, 2010
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_0_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8A306 Safari/6531.22.7)

And I\'m using a $3 smoke snap case from one of them. The couple downsides: give around 3 weeks for delivery, batteries (if you choose to buy from them) has over exaggerated power ratings. On the other hand, the accessories and cables and flashlights and little gadgets all work well. If something didn\'t get delivered, you can expect them to make it right.

Other ones: tinydeal.com, meritline.com (which interestingly sells the genuine branded cases as well at original prices)

Dhelsdon

macrumors 65816
Feb 5, 2010
Canadian Eh!
I ordered some AV cables from SpiderFoot.com they are in Hong Kong and have really fast shipping for an international sale. (About a week and a half to Canada)

Frenchjay

macrumors 68000
Jul 6, 2010
Deal extreme is legit and I have ordered quite alot of stuff from there over the years. It also arrives every time and it is seriously cheap.

Btw the sync cables are the same as apples.They obviously have theirs manufactured in china so there is little or no difference from what I have bought!

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 1, 2010
Thanks for the input everyone. I went ahead and ordered a bunch of sync cables from dealextreme for my iphone. My dog chews up everything he can get his teeth on. Jack russell terriers can jump really high! I'm tired of spending $20 on sync cables every month. Let's see how long 5 spare sync cables will last me. :eek:

daemonite

macrumors member
Aug 18, 2010
I have bought from deal extreme, the cases are ok, the cables work fine and the usb wall charger is hit or miss

they are very nice still, just the items are knock offs so dont expect the same quality as OEM parts.

Shipping takes time but thats expected, but hey cheap prices and free shipping!

easycomeeasygo

macrumors newbie
Aug 24, 2012
I have heard of the two wensites but never bought

I always think it's unsafe but sometimes i really like their goods on photoes.

darshani

macrumors newbie
Sep 10, 2012
I have dealt with focalprice. I placed an order for a
folding leather ipad case, I have paid $50 as the case has inbuilt keyboard which was quite good. But when i received my order, folding case broken at sides and there is no such bluetooth keyboard attached. This was disappointing and I have no other go to other the same folding leather ipad case from another online site ChinaBuye, but luckily they have the bluetooth keyboard in it at just $32 and it was good. For cable sync and accessories, you can check with their site, it will give a best choice for you. I lost $40 from focalprice totally!

alanrocks

macrumors regular
Nov 15, 2011
United Kingdom
Can anyone share their experience when purchasing anything from those China websites like:

http://www.focalprice.com
http://www.dealextreme.com

I've seen people mention these websites in various forums. Im sure the quality isnt as great but under $2 for a data/sync cable? Is it worth the effort? Anyone use these websites?

No way would I trust a $2 cable from China again after stupidly buying one from a UK company. Every time I plug it in, it goes real jumpy and makes my phone constantly vibrate on and off. Just save the effort and buy one from your local Apple retailer.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.