Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

rei101

macrumors 6502a
Dec 24, 2011
Speaking of clear, clearly you don't know what you are talking about.

I am very agreed with RoastingPig and I can go further.

The United States has a culture to resolve everything with material things, that is why is a materialistic culture.

I am 39, I have suffered from anxiety disorders, I live in the US and when I was going to a therapist all I got was anti depressant and a "you can smoke some pot too" and I tried it all and it was worse! I tried yoga and stuff and nothing.

At the end I started to read things here and there and learn to disconnect from the "illusion of the real world", at the end everything is a lesson any way and tomorrow I will continue with my life lesson. My mind stops the wondering and I fall to sleep in 2 minutes literally and I wake up next day at 7:30 am. I sleep like a rock.

I do not need from devices like this one that are just creating a false/fake illusion that it will end up in the garbage any way.

All you need to do is to let things for later, not now when I need to sleep. You practice that and in 3 days your body will fall to sleep faster, it will learn to disconnect. And you do not need an application for that or devices or drugs or anything.

And that is one of endless things you can do in life without the need of anything extra but learning and organized your thoughts.

CReimer

macrumors member
Oct 24, 2006
Silicon Valley
The problem is waking up...

I generally don't have a problem going to sleep at night. It's waking up. My iPad 2 with an alarm app that sounds an air-raid siren that is very effective in waking me up. It's the same sound I used to hear to duck under my school desk every Friday morning when the civil defense siren went off for ten minutes during the 1970's. You never know when those damn Soviets might launch their nuclear arsenal at the U.S. during the Cold War.

IJ Reilly

macrumors P6
Jul 16, 2002
Palookaville
I am very agreed with RoastingPig and I can go further.

The United States has a culture to resolve everything with material things, that is why is a materialistic culture.

I am 39, I have suffered from anxiety disorders, I live in the US and when I was going to a therapist all I got was anti depressant and a "you can smoke some pot too" and I tried it all and it was worse! I tried yoga and stuff and nothing.

At the end I started to read things here and there and learn to disconnect from the "illusion of the real world", at the end everything is a lesson any way and tomorrow I will continue with my life lesson. My mind stops the wondering and I fall to sleep in 2 minutes literally and I wake up next day at 7:30 am. I sleep like a rock.

I do not need from devices like this one that are just creating a false/fake illusion that it will end up in the garbage any way.

All you need to do is to let things for later, not now when I need to sleep. You practice that and in 3 days your body will fall to sleep faster, it will learn to disconnect. And you do not need an application for that or devices or drugs or anything.

And that is one of endless things you can do in life without the need of anything extra but learning and organized your thoughts.

You are both totally wrong. Almost nothing is known about sleep disorders. What works for one person does not necessarily work for another, and it is presumptuous in the extreme for anyone to claim otherwise.

Mal67

macrumors 6502a
Apr 2, 2006
West Oz
this is why people cant sleep because they think to much about it. they buy all types of garbage when all you need is a clear mind

Well some people don't have problems going to sleep but then wake up a lot during the night for a variety of reasons including sleep apnea and unless they have some evidence of it may not be aware of it and wonder why they wake up feeling so tired.

IJ Reilly

macrumors P6
Jul 16, 2002
Palookaville
Well some people don't have problems going to sleep but then wake up a lot during the night for a variety of reasons including sleep apnea and unless they have some evidence of it may not be aware of it and wonder why they wake up feeling so tired.

Yes, that is called terminal insomnia. The point being, disordered sleep is not a disease, it is a symptom. Determining what any given person's sleep disorder is symptomatic of is not generally a simple matter, but it certainly is a medical matter -- not one for someone on the net to claim can be cured with "all you need to do" advice.

carlgo

macrumors 68000
Dec 29, 2006
Monterey CA
What works:

Sex. Roll over and go to sleep afterward. It is as nature intended.

Physically tired: Do something that wears your body out.

World's problems: Solve them in the morning.

Lights and random noise: Eliminate them. Wear eyeshades, insulate, get headphones.

White noise: get an indoor fountain or some stupid electronic device.

Stay off the internet b4 bed: no electronic communication of any sort, even reading a device except a book.

ricci

macrumors 6502
Aug 21, 2012
NYC
I'm really excited about the bed room monitoring! Really would like a second opinion on my performance and maybe a scoring!!#

Suspended
Jan 18, 2005
At 70° that baby is going to die fast. Only 30° more to go until water evaporates.

----------

For some people, maybe, but not others. It is endlessly puzzling to me how so many people think they know the perfect solution to other people's medical problems.

Just plug an indoor fountain in, jeez.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.