Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Iphone ace

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 25, 2014
Does anyone know how to unlock an iPhone 5c from us cellular to use on the att network?

eyoungren

macrumors Penryn
Aug 31, 2011
Don't think it's possible. I read US Cellular's unlock policy and they mention 1x and 3G devices only. That disqualifies your 5c.

Which leaves a third party unlock service or a SIM interposer (R-Sim, Gevey, etc). No idea if a third party can do it, especially if US Cellular is like Sprint in that regard. If so, then this is not possible except with a SIM interposer.

BarkingGhost

macrumors regular
Oct 18, 2011
Atlanta+35 miles
Don't think it's possible. I read US Cellular's unlock policy and they mention 1x and 3G devices only. That disqualifies your 5c.

Which leaves a third party unlock service or a SIM interposer (R-Sim, Gevey, etc). No idea if a third party can do it, especially if US Cellular is like Sprint in that regard. If so, then this is not possible except with a SIM interposer.

Obama just needs to sign the bill since Congress just banned making unlockable cell phones illegal.

eyoungren

macrumors Penryn
Aug 31, 2011
Obama just needs to sign the bill since Congress just banned making unlockable cell phones illegal.
I agree, although I don't hold out much hope in convincing Sprint to unlock my iPhone 5 even if the bill becomes law.

Sprint's already lined up their excuses and will be blaming the manufacturers and not their own draconian unlock policy.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.