Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

geekonthepc

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 5, 2013
Hi there

Apologies if this has already been discussed. I did do a search but unfortunately I couldn't find any possible solutions that seemed to work.

So I'm on DP3 and all seems to be fine except this. There was recently an iMovie update which I did after installing DP3 but unfortunately I'm on a slow connection here and for one reason or another I had to restart the download a couple of times. It picked up where it left off, but now I'm left with 3 icons that do nothing at all and don't seem to be removable. Holding alt and then clicking the cross does nothing.

I tried to do a refresh of the launchpad through terminal but may not have done it right as nothing has changed.

It's not exactly a major issue but I was just wondering if anyone has any ideas about removing it. I've tried simple things like doing a full reboot and whatnot.

Image is attached.

Cheers
Alex

Attachments

• macimovie.png
    macimovie.png
    605.5 KB · Views: 1,703

uberdoll

macrumors newbie
Jul 26, 2014
I am having the same issue except the icon is blank and is doing all the same things as mentioned by the author of this post

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2014-07-26 at 1.04.31 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2014-07-26 at 1.04.31 PM.png
    16.7 KB · Views: 5,970

HHarkey

macrumors newbie
Aug 12, 2014

Mr Eddy

macrumors newbie
Jul 26, 2011
You are welcome. If I remember properly, I have myself found part of the solution in the forum :)

kappaknight

macrumors 68000
Mar 5, 2009
Atlanta, GA

CraigB1960

macrumors regular
Sep 9, 2014
Tucson, AZ
EDIT : Try this :
defaults write com.apple.dock ResetLaunchPad -bool true; killall Dock
Mr Eddy, thank you! I updated several apps yesterday, one got stuck, and was left with the progress bar the Launchpad. Your post solved cleared it right up!

iprasad

macrumors newbie
Sep 19, 2015
Mr Eddy, thank you! I updated several apps yesterday, one got stuck, and was left with the progress bar the Launchpad. Your post solved cleared it right up!

hey hi, can you please explain me how you resolved this issue of progress bar under launchpad icon?

DeltaMac

macrumors G5
Jul 30, 2003
Delaware
You can solve the issue in the launchpad by running the command from post #3 in your terminal.

here it is again:

iprasad

macrumors newbie
Sep 19, 2015
You can solve the issue in the launchpad by running the command from post #3 in your terminal.

here it is again:
hey thanks a ton for an immediate response. i actually didn't understand what the other mac-users said regarding the solution, now understood that it is a terminal command :p

anyways, thanks once again :) keep smiling :)

NeuralControl

macrumors 6502a
Dec 3, 2009

here it is again:

I was having the same issue with Launchpad and luckily I found your post through a Google search. This worked like a charm. Thank you.

bonydigital

macrumors newbie
Oct 28, 2015
hey thanks a ton for an immediate response. i actually didn't understand what the other mac-users said regarding the solution, now understood that it is a terminal command :p

anyways, thanks once again :) keep smiling :)

Helped me as well. Thanks a billi.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.