Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

collinsra

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 24, 2007
Oceanside, Ca
So I've spent the past 30 mins. searching the forums looking for the rank structure and have found nothing. Can someone please link me or list the ranks and have it stickied if not already done so?

Thanks!

willmtaylor

macrumors G4
Oct 31, 2009
Here(-ish)
The other night I was perusing some very old threads (circa 2007) and ran across the title of "retired." Hadn't seen that one before. How does one obtain it?

Reactions: Weaselboy

Weaselboy

Staff member
Jan 23, 2005
California
The other night I was perusing some very old threads (circa 2007) and ran across the title of "retired." Hadn't seen that one before. How does one obtain it?

Here is an answer in an older post. I don't think they use "retired" any longer. At least I have not noticed it being used.

Yes, it's used after the voluntary retirement of a long-active, high-posted, well-known member.

Members are free to retire simply by not visiting the forums again or not posting again, but occasionally someone wants to close their account as well. By default, this produces a "Guest" user title. The "Retired" user title has no technical difference, but is thought to be more appropriate.

Before we began using "Retired", we got questions about Guest titles.

Reactions: willmtaylor

Doctor Q

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 19, 2002
Los Angeles
That's correct, Weaselboy. We haven't had any retirements of long-standing members since we moved to the XenForo forum software, so the user title of anyone who retires in the future is undecided. It was a rare situation anyway, handled case by case.

Reactions: Weaselboy

leesweet

macrumors demi-god
Feb 1, 2009
Northern Virginia, USA
Don't know if this worth a new thread or not: it seems when we renew our annual MR subscription, it doesn't automatically 're-do' our title. Bug?

ISTR this also happened in the switch over to the new software but I don't recall how automatic the old version was. In any case, can mine be fixed? I paid yesterday while waiting in line at the Apple Store and I happened to see the alert for it. :)

Doctor Q

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 19, 2002
Los Angeles
Don't know if this worth a new thread or not: it seems when we renew our annual MR subscription, it doesn't automatically 're-do' our title. Bug?

ISTR this also happened in the switch over to the new software but I don't recall how automatic the old version was. In any case, can mine be fixed? I paid yesterday while waiting in line at the Apple Store and I happened to see the alert for it. :)
You're correct that it's changed, but it's not a bug, just how the system works now. Luckily, it's trivially easy to get the title you want. Details are available in the private forum.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.