Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Altemose

macrumors G3
Mar 26, 2013
Elkton, Maryland
Ive decided i will make a Yosemite version, im working on it now. Ill post preview screenshots soon.
Edit: I just realised that i need 10.6 to use a specific app and I don't have a computer that can run it, I'll make a tutorial instead.

Which app? Gavin Stubbs and I were working on it but the 2D non-transparent Leopard dock renders via software and not images.

jrsx

macrumors 65816
Nov 2, 2013
Tacoma, Washington
Which app? Gavin Stubbs and I were working on it but the 2D non-transparent Leopard dock renders via software and not images.

How did Goftrey do it in his iOX theme?
EDIT: If you look through the resources of the Dock.app, you find images of the 2d dock. But changes will only be seen if you activate the 2d dock on the bottom, not the sides.

Goftrey

macrumors 68000
May 20, 2011
Wales, UK
How did Goftrey do it in his iOX theme?
EDIT: If you look through the resources of the Dock.app, you find images of the 2d dock. But changes will only be seen if you activate the 2d dock on the bottom, not the sides.

The actual dock itself is hard-coded black, but the surrounding edges etc. are images. This was my issue when I had a go at recreating the Yosemite dock - as far I can see there isn't a way to make an even close to authentic looking replica.

The closest thing I could think of was to create a "Dark Mode" Yosemite theme, as a modified Leopard 2D dock, with custom made edges etc. to mimic the Yosemite dock as closely as possible would be a little closer to reality than the white/clear one.

OS-X-Yosemite-dark-mode-Hamza-Sood-001.jpeg

However after thinking about it a little longer I realised that I'd end up with even more work on my hands as I'd have to then in turn switch every menubar around across the system, along with system-wide font changes.

TLDR: It's too much work to end up with a product that doesn't even look authentic.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.