Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

LordeOurMother

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 10, 2014
Okay, I got logic 8, and I like it so far, seems very useable as a DAW and a composition utility.

But, anyone else who has experience with production on powerpcs wanna tell me some good Free Ware plug ins and instruments to look out for?

kalel77

macrumors member
Oct 18, 2012
Logic 8 is more than an excellent DAW to start, if you got it with all the plugins and libraries than there are non limits to what you can do. I written and arranged an whole album using Logic 8 on a Powerbook G4 1.67 ghz on leopard.
So look for tutorials on the net and than move step after step ;-)

LordeOurMother

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 10, 2014
Logic 8 is more than an excellent DAW to start, if you got it with all the plugins and libraries than there are non limits to what you can do. I written and arranged an whole album using Logic 8 on a Powerbook G4 1.67 ghz on leopard.
So look for tutorials on the net and than move step after step ;-)

I found logic to be pretty self explanatory. I already have experience with a myriad of other DAW's and i find it to be quite intuitive.

But coming from windows where I traditionally relied on external plugins, i was just curious what ones are available for an older mac like this. :)

kalel77

macrumors member
Oct 18, 2012
In my experience the only external plugin I ever used on L8 was EZ drummer. For all the rest I used the big logic library that to me is massive! Once I used Arturia for horns and that's all for external ;-)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.