Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

eyoungren

macrumors Penryn
Original poster
Aug 31, 2011
Kaiser has a new 31.1 pre-release that apparently fixes a trackpad scrolling bug.

It's SERIOUSLY faster than the 31RC.

You can find the link to it at his blog, tenfourfox.blogspot.com in his latest post.

It's intended for 7450 machines, late models with trackpad scrolling, but I'm using it on an A1013 with iScroll 2 and it works just fine.

Take a look.

Altemose

macrumors G3
Mar 26, 2013
Elkton, Maryland
Kaiser has a new 31.1 pre-release that apparently fixes a trackpad scrolling bug.

It's SERIOUSLY faster than the 31RC.

You can find the link to it at his blog, tenfourfox.blogspot.com in his latest post.

It's intended for 7450 machines, late models with trackpad scrolling, but I'm using it on an A1013 with iScroll 2 and it works just fine.

Take a look.

I thought I was crazy with my Magic Mouse on my G5...

sarthak

macrumors 6502
Nov 19, 2012
I thought I was crazy with my Magic Mouse on my G5...

Same here with the PowerBook G4 and iBook G4.

I went into about:config and set "mousewheel.enable_pixel_scrolling" to false. That did the trick for much speedier scrolling.

Altemose

macrumors G3
Mar 26, 2013
Elkton, Maryland
Same here with the PowerBook G4 and iBook G4.

I went into about:config and set "mousewheel.enable_pixel_scrolling" to false. That did the trick for much speedier scrolling.

Just changed it. Amazing difference. Unfortunately, I wasn't going to try the new TFF since it was only optimized for G4s and I have a G5.

sarthak

macrumors 6502
Nov 19, 2012
Just changed it. Amazing difference. Unfortunately, I wasn't going to try the new TFF since it was only optimized for G4s and I have a G5.

Tried 31.1 pre however, it seems to have far too many other issues. It's not as stable and grinds to a halt at times for me.

Went back to 31 and disabled pixel scrolling.

eyoungren

macrumors Penryn
Original poster
Aug 31, 2011
Tried 31.1 pre however, it seems to have far too many other issues. It's not as stable and grinds to a halt at times for me.

Went back to 31 and disabled pixel scrolling.
Hmm…I wonder. I've installed the pre-version on a PowerBook and an iBook G4 that do not support trackpad scrolling. However, I have enabled trackpad scrolling on both Macs by installing iScroll 2.

I wonder how many Macs with native trackpad scrolling are having issues, versus Macs using iScroll 2 or SideTrack. I, myself, am having no issues.

Is the Mac you installed on a 7450 or 7400? I ask because the build is only for 7450s.

sarthak

macrumors 6502
Nov 19, 2012
Hmm…I wonder. I've installed the pre-version on a PowerBook and an iBook G4 that do not support trackpad scrolling. However, I have enabled trackpad scrolling on both Macs by installing iScroll 2.

I wonder how many Macs with native trackpad scrolling are having issues, versus Macs using iScroll 2 or SideTrack. I, myself, am having no issues.

Is the Mac you installed on a 7450 or 7400? I ask because the build is only for 7450s.

$machine ppc7450 (output from PowerBook G4).

Link in sig for specs, the 1.5GHz PowerPC G4 in my PowerBook and the 1.33GHz G4 in my iBook are both ppc7450 if I remember correctly.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.