Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Ish

macrumors 68020
Nov 30, 2004
UK
It's sure been hot today. Too hot for me to go out with my camera.

It really has been a scorcher hasn't it. My phone told me it was 27C but I bet it was in the 30's locally. I normally wouldn't go out snapping either in this heat but Bob the dog insists on going out and I haven't took many photos recently so I thought I'd take my beloved XE1 out with me - even though I had to take out water and treats for Bob. Glad of mirrorless cameras in that instance :)

I'm enjoying every minute of it! Out in the garden yesterday, bliss!!

Wait until it gets chilly again and it'll be my turn to complain lol!

gaswerks

macrumors 6502a
Dec 17, 2006
from st petersburg ...

Attachments

• peter_a16.JPG
    peter_a16.JPG
    838.6 KB · Views: 90

needfx

Suspended
Aug 10, 2010
macrumors apparently
I really enjoyed the market picture, with the lady perfectly timed to emerge into that pool of light, but this is cool, in my eyes... Seeing the world as a little one! Not that I've been taking pictures for sixty years or know the least bit about analysing art. Nonetheless, it feels good to me. :cool:

glad you liked! it is one my favorite top 10 from my trip to Myanmar.

I have also reuploaded a high quality version of the market, as the other one was a low res uploaded & compressed on facebook

https://www.flickr.com/photos/needfx/14779634153/

on a side note, having a sense of aesthetics is not only about experience or ability to analyse, but you do have aesthetics, evident in most of your pics

I forgot to ask you on the bridge thread, are the b&w ones shot with a polarizing filter?

----------

I think those sort of videos can be found elsewhere on the Internet :D

with giant wooden giants? :D

-

Last edited:

Alexander.Of.Oz

macrumors 68040
Oct 29, 2013
glad you liked! it is one my favorite top 10 from my trip to Myanmar.

I have also reuploaded a high quality version of the market, as the other one was a low res uploaded & compressed on facebook

https://www.flickr.com/photos/needfx/14779634153/

on a side note, having a sense of aesthetics is not only about experience or ability to analyse, but you do have aesthetics, evident in most of your pics

I forgot to ask you on the bridge thread, are the b&w ones shot with a polarizing filter?

The market is even better large! I suspected there was heaps of detail in there and wasn't let down!

I have a couple of CPL's, but honestly, haven't used them for about 18 months now... I prefer a natural sky in my images, I can't stand over-saturated or artificial looking skies! Unless it's taking a sky to black for moodiness and feel/style in a B&W picture.

Parkin Pig

macrumors 6502a
Oct 23, 2009
Yorkshire-by-Gum
video or it never happened :p

You asked for it - not my video though:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AIJK1WW3gUk

Probably worth mentioning that the Giants are a French company. Censorship and social boundaries are a little more flexible there.

I used to live about 30m away from that picture when I was a student, (under the arch turn left at the rundown pub on the corner..but that was 20 years ago Thanks for the memories :)

My pleasure.

kenoh

macrumors demi-god
Jul 18, 2008
Glasgow, UK
[url=https://farm4.staticflickr.com/3846/14763254544_37a96c5f31_z.jpg]Image[/url]

DSC_5000 by deathwalkerred, on Flickr

Nikon D7100 with 50mm f/1.8D, 1/1600, f/2.8, ISO200.

One I took down at Living Coasts in Torquay last year. Awesome place, thoroughly recommended if you in the area!

WOW! I had no idea the texture of their tongues was like that!

Nice..

----------

^^ Great shot Doylem

[url=https://farm4.staticflickr.com/3867/14756344781_9c6990268d_b.jpg]Image[/url]Red Arrows Cleethorpes Airshow 2014 by Shaun Wilkinson Photography, on Flickr

Been a few plane shots around, this is hot of the press, if you happened to be in Cleethorpes Lincolnshire about 3 hrs ago, you would have seen these guys...and mighty impressive they were too :)

They flew over Parkhead for the opening of the Commonwealth Games. Didnt have a lens long enough to grab them though... GUTTED! :-(

truettray

macrumors 6502
Sep 7, 2012
USA

Muse
by drtruett, on Flickr

This guy runs a local grill in my hometown. The background kind of throws off the perspective, because it's the square reflected in one of the shop windows. I didn't think about it when I took the shot, but I quite enjoy the effect.

kingalexthe1st

macrumors 6502
Apr 13, 2013
I found myself in Mumbai for a day a few weeks ago, so I went down to a crossroads nearby and practiced some panning shots. While this isn't one of those, this little critter caught me pointing the camera in his direction and gave me a smile :)

Alex

Attachments

• Mumbai13032014-20.jpg
    Mumbai13032014-20.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 92

Hughmac

macrumors 603
Feb 4, 2012
Kent, UK
Young Blackbird sunning himself

Can't do much about the furniture, what else could I do to improve this?

I didn't have much time to take the picture, and lost the bird as I tried to stealthily move in closer.

Cheers :)

Hugh

Attachments

• Blackbird Sunning.jpg
    Blackbird Sunning.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 100
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.