Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

i0Nic

macrumors 65816
Original poster
May 17, 2006
Sydney, Australia
Hey guys,

I have a problem in that many of my apps that use iCloud to sync files are just not working - they're not syncing and the documents that are in the cloud are old/incorrect.

This is happening to me on Clear and Day One specifically. With Clear the wrong lists are in the cloud. I've tried doing everything Clear suggests including deleting apps, signing out and back into iCloud, I've now removed all data from the cloud in Clear but when I add an item on my phone it doesn't sync to the Mac or iPad.

Same deal with Day One, I have all my entries on my Mac app but the iPhone just doesn't sync with it.

I did install iOS8 on my phone which I have since reverted back to iOS7, I'm not sure if this has caused problems.

Does anyone have any other tips? I'm really not sure what to do next it's really frustrating.

Last edited:

impaler

macrumors 6502
Feb 20, 2006
USA
Hey guys,

I have a problem in that many of my apps that use iCloud to sync files are just not working - they're not syncing and the documents that are in the cloud are old/incorrect.

This is happening to me on Clear and Day One specifically. With Clear the wrong lists are in the cloud. I've tried doing everything Clear suggests including deleting apps, signing out and back into iCloud, I've now removed all data from the cloud in Clear but when I add an item on my phone it doesn't sync to the Mac or iPad.

Same deal with Day One, I have all my entries on my Mac app but the iPhone just doesn't sync with it.

I did install iOS8 on my phone which I have since reverted back to iOS7, I'm not sure if this has caused problems.

Does anyone have any other tips? I'm really not sure what to do next it's really frustrating.

Works okay for me. Using beta software can cause unpredictable problems, so that might have something to do with it.

mason.smith1975

macrumors member
Jun 2, 2012
Hey guys,

I got exactly the same problem. I tried OS X Yosemite.

shareef777

Suspended
Jul 26, 2005
Chicago, IL
I'm fairly confident this is due to the change to iCloud drive and the way our files are organized. As it stands, I just moved all my docs out of iCloud and into Dropbox until things get sorted out.

IGregory

macrumors 6502a
Aug 5, 2012
I've had this happen to me on my iPad Air. I discovered all you need do is reboot (or turn off) and syncing resumes. On my iPhone 5s syncing is never interrupted.

khc9

macrumors newbie
Jul 28, 2014
Pages docs not syncing in iCloud Drive

I upgraded two Macs to Yosemite, agreed to use iCloud Drive, but documents are not syncing.

When I open a document in Pages, add some text, then close it, the changes do not appear on the other Mac.

Is there any solution other than using Dropbox and hoping Apple eventually gets this working?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.